Old World Monthly Challenge - September '22 - Save and Questions

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff

Hatshepsut (or Hatty to her friends) led her people to the top of the hill.

"Look at this land of ours. The marble, the wheat, the sorghum and the lavender it is all ours."

"And in time, all you can see beyond will be ours, and then all we cannot see beyond that will be ours. And then all that we cannot see..... well you get the picture"

"So, my fellow Egyptians. I just have one question for you."

"Would you like to play a game?"

Attachments

• OWMCSEP22.zip
    202 KB · Views: 66
Welcome to the inaugural Old World Monthly Challenge!

Game Details

Nation: Egypt
Difficulty: The Strong
Map Type: Continent
Map Size: Medium
Opponents: Four

Use the save in the post above this to play the game and fulfil Hatty's dreams of conquest, or choose another path for the Egyptian people.

The superficial goal is to win the game as quickly as possible. The (greater) goal is to use this thread to write up your game in as educational and entertaining way as possible.

Some do's and don'ts
  • The game will close in one month from now (10am AEDST 3/10/22 to be precise)
  • Use this threads for any questions about the game and rules
  • Don't post any spoilers in this thread about the map beyond what is seen above
  • Undo has been allowed. Please limit its use to genuine mistakes
  • Do have a lot of fun in your game and give us as much detail as possible

Last edited:
Reactions: PiR
as the kids say, noice

Great idea! What is the difficulty of this game or can it be chosen?

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

I'd recommend posting a screenshot of the settings for future games. Here's this game:
1662223518119.png

I don't understand why I can not open zip files from this site. I can open them elsewhere. I save the file to the game's save folder, but when I try to load it I get this message:
"Failed to load save. Specified file was either invalid or started with the locked save option enabled and has subsequenty been changed."
Any ideas?

I don't understand why I can not open zip files from this site. I can open them elsewhere. I save the file to the game's save folder, but when I try to load it I get this message:
"Failed to load save. Specified file was either invalid or started with the locked save option enabled and has subsequenty been changed."
Any ideas?

You'll get that message if the save file has been altered. Is something on your system doing something to the zip file when it is downloaded?

And you're up to date? Perhaps need to disable any mods in the main menu first?

The message should really only come up if the save's been modified, or if your game version doesn't match the save.

Yeah don't use it in Test.

As it's a comfortable way to report if one is set up for it, would it be OK to stream/VOD the game ?

Think it would be okay. I would place the video link in the write up thread under a spoiler tag until the game ends just to warn folks? :)

Top Bottom