Old World Quick Questions and answers (and FAQ)

Hello folks,

Quick question regarding cognomens. Should my heir lose his cognomen upon coming to the throne? As Greece, I was training Alexander up to be a top warrior and he gained the cognomen the Bold before Phillip died. Upon his succession, he defaulted back to the New. It felt a bit like my efforts were wasted and somewhat disappointing to see his exploits as an heir had no impact on his current legitimacy.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Alexander presumably got the Bold trait, which could have also given him a nickname. Only leaders have cognomens, so cognomens are never lost upon accession - the heir never had it at all.

Hey! Sorry for the bad english, I am writing via googl translator. My friend and I decided to play multiplayer, but found that there is practically no interaction between live players, not AI. You can't marry, pile barbarian tribes against each other, in general, there are no functions for which the Old World fell in love in the game against AI. Really, these functions will remain forever inaccessible, or can they somehow be turned on for multiplayer? Thanks in advance for your reply!

I thought we couldn't stack scout and warrior with OW 1UPT?

upload_2021-12-11_11-32-26.png

A combat unit can stack with a civilian unit.

Reactions: PiR
I noticed that my newfounded city immediately got my state religion. Is that an undocumented feature, did I read over it or just coincedence?

I noticed that my newfounded city immediately got my state religion. Is that an undocumented feature, did I read over it or just coincedence?
Looks like a coincidence.
Religions always have a chance to spread every turn (in a radius that grows around the holy city with each new converted city).

Hello folks,

is there no way to lock both improvement names AND yields on the map? Seems I can only have one or the other. It will say "Quarry," but not how much stone I am extracting from it.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Quick question: I assume "Tribal" units also includes Barbarians right? Not just the ones actually belonging to a Tribe?

upload_2021-12-29_13-29-14.png

Then again, I took the promotion, but when fighting a Barbarian unit the Steadfast modifier did not appear...

upload_2021-12-29_13-33-1.png

yes steadfast should works against units from tribes, raiders and barbarians
Thanks! Is it working as intended though? It seems to apply against a trait these units do not have ('Tribal'). Nor do I see it added to the combat preview where it calculates the attack and defense (unlike other promotions that apply).

Edit: To answer my own question: Just played a game on the test branch, and it's fixed there. Don't know if this is just a tooltip error, but I suspect it's not. Steadfast seems to rely on a trait called 'Tribal', which is not otherwise present in the current live build (but it is in the test build).

Last edited:
I guess I can see the logic. After 20 years in the army and 3 combat tours, it is hard for me to think of recon as a civilian unit.

Reactions: PiR
An 8th nation was announced as "coming soon." Does Mohawk Games also operate on Valve Time...? :D

Kind regards,
Ita Bear
it was announced as an expansion, coinciding with the release on steam, for Q2 2022. This year, Q2 goes from April 1st to June 30th :p

it was announced as an expansion, coinciding with the release on steam, for Q2 2022. This year, Q2 goes from April 1st to June 30th :p

I see. I was under the impression the 8th nation was separate from the expansion and Steam release and coming sooner. Guess I misunderstood. :D

(PS. what's the 8th nation? :mischief:)

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Yass!

Hello folks

I'm wondering if the "Land Grab" event is working as it should? I sent my Spymaster to infiltrate Babylonia and the event fired, giving me more land and allegedly revealing Babylonia's territory. As you can see below though, it hasn't. Have I misunderstood something?

landgrab.jpg

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Top Bottom