Online short stories

ShadowWarrior

Prince
After the game is released, I suggest a sub forum be created where people can turn their games into a short stories, where they can interpret the more ambiguous concepts of the game. For example, the "Great Mistake" is deliberately left ambiguous, and we only vaguely knows that it involves some kind of planetary disaster that forced men to look into colonizing the space. It is through these short stories where "the Great Mistake" can be given greater details. We can hold story contests to vote for the best stories.

Yep, I'm in! Sounds Fun :) I'd write it like a diary chronicling the last few turns I play between entries! I'd do it on the Arid tile set to give me story a Dune like feel..

That would be great. Also think of all the possibilities Rule 34 allows for. :mischief:

Being a Buddhist, I am already thinking of a story involving the Pan Asian faction adopting harmony affinity, and, through the practice of Buddhist meditation, achieving transcendental consciousness and merging the mind of men with that of the planet. I am quite excited to play the game and write a story about it.

I thought Civ Beyond Earth was part of Civ V expansion. In that case, I assumed that it will not have its own story forum. But I guess I was wrong :)

I thought Civ Beyond Earth was part of Civ V expansion. In that case, I assumed that it will not have its own story forum. But I guess I was wrong :)

Civ:BE is not a Civ V expansion. It is being built on the same game engine, and has hexes and 1 upt, but the similarities pretty much end there (and you won't have to own any iteration of CiV to play it). As The_J notes, Civ:BE already has its own dedicated forum (like each of the other Civ titles) and the first sub-forum is this General Discussions forum. When the game is released, the other typical sub-forums, like Strategy & Tips, C&C, Stories & LPs, etc. will be created.

I am sure there will be many sub forums, as always, but a storyline type is definitely one that should be available.

(nor is CBE colonization 2) <----- just to confuse you people! bwahahahah!!!

Top Bottom