OOC: European Championship - place your bets!

:D
You totally neglected the effects of religion. :shake:

The Germans are not too religious but right now we are Pope :smug:
The Spanish are religious and they don't want to annoy the Pope, right? :crazyeye:

I was disappointed when I couldn't get the match online. :( Then my Turkish friend told me it was on ABC. It's on tv over here. I never would have thought...

Well, watching it is better than cleaning the attic on a raining Sunday afternoon. :D

:clap: España, reyes de Europa! :clap:

Sorry Paul, but Spain was the better team. A great game, very nice to watch (unlike a certain World Cup final two years ago...), and the best team won. Congratulations!

I'll have to work a bit to get the results that really count though - the CECBC!

Yeah many congrats to Spain for ending their silverware drought, I'm sure it will be England's turn to do so in 2010 :please:

Deserved winners.

The other so called big nations like Italy, France and Germany all have teams that are quite not settled and working at the moment, going through transitional periods, while Spain are all set and working well.

And we have a winner - or actually, we have two winners!

Final results:
1: donsig - 28 :trophy:
1: Niklas - 28 :trophy:
3: Aigburth - 26 :trophy3rd:

4: zyxy - 25
5: Paul#42 - 21
5: peter grimes - 21
7: tomasjj - 19
8: AutomatedTeller - 11
9: General_W - 1

Please join me in congratulating donsig and Niklas, who would never speak of himself in third person, to the joint victory in the CECBC! Congratulations also to Aigburth, who was set for a win but fell on the finishing line, gaining a third. Finally recognition goes to peter grimes who made a remarkable comeback by being the only one to correctly bet on Spain to win the tournament, and could have been a clear contender for the gold had he not stopped betting half-way through.

I hope no one wants me and donsig to duke it out in penalties... :shifty:

Now, I wonder if the MTDG is still running when the World Cup starts in South Africa in two years... :crazyeye:

Congrats to the winners! :goodjob:
And congrats to Spain for a deserved win.
I had not thought our team would perform so well in this tournament - but we showed we always have to be counted on ;)

I keep failing at predictions when my own team is involved... :crazyeye:

Thanks to Niklas for perfectly administrating a competetive fun. :thanx:
You really made this one a Council Party and even took some Americans (and a British and a Norwegian :p ) to follow this contest they would otherwise have ignored for sure :D

Thanks Paul! :) I had great fun too - and what I find most fun of all is that we've made a real Football fan out of donsig! :high5:

Yeah, you've actually got me to watch a match on tv. Trouble is I can't always understand the announcers with their thick accents, and I still don't know what offsides is in this game. :D This was fun.

it was fun, yes :) how did I get 11 points, guessing by length of countries names??

actaully, it's close enough that if you guys can figure out how I made my first picks, I can break the tie ;)

Though, it's probably just as well that no one cares!!

Wow - I never would have thought I'd do so well, seeing as how I went on holidays half-way through! :lol:

Thanks for administering this, Niklas :hatsoff:

:lol: We sure made a football fan out of you, didn't we? :thumbsup:

Yeah, they played yesterday, and a great game from both sides. The US can go far this time! Looking forward to Germany vs Australia today.

I briefly contemplated starting up a betting here again, but I've simply been too busy to get around to it. But if someone else wants to pick it up, I would sure be there with the bets. :cool:

:lol: We sure made a football fan out of you, didn't we? :thumbsup:

Not sure I can claim fan status yet - football still conjures images of a different game for me.

Yeah, they played yesterday, and a great game from both sides. The US can go far this time! Looking forward to Germany vs Australia today.

After the early goal it sure looked like England was going to beat the US easily. The goal by the US wasn't all that impressive but it counted. I watched the match and enjoyed it. It's been awhile though - I had forgotten how they add time after the clock runs out.

After the early goal it sure looked like England was going to beat the US easily. The goal by the US wasn't all that impressive but it counted.
Indeed it was all the goalkeeper's fault, but the US sure don't need to apologize for the draw, they played a great game and led the play large parts of the game. Against England that's no small feat, England is defintiely a medal contender. I think the US has excellent chances against both Algeria and Slovenia.

The Peoples Republic of North Korea win 1-0 over Brazil! The team is rewarded with a weeks stay at the Gulag.

bit of revision of history to Ignore the first 2 goals and you are spot on

Top Bottom