Opening Slideshow: when does it play?

sylandro

Chieftain
When exactly does the opening slideshow play? The one with spock telling "in the beginning, ..." and the rest. I can never seem to replicate the conditions on which it plays. Is it when I play a Custom Game, the Earth scenario, Play Now! or is it completely random? :confused: I'm asking 'cause I find very epic, only that it seldom plays when I start a new game.

I too would like this answered. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Although I've not seen it skipping since I patched to latest version.

You know curiously I hadn't seen this in ages, and it seemed like it was different from the one I remember in the original civ IV vanilla, but that wouldn't make sense. Anyway I was on a Custom game, normal mapscripts but I'm not sure when else I've seen it; haven't started a lot of BtS games recently though.

Is this definite? I'm sure I've seen it on Play Now! as well as on Custom Game... not sure about scenarios though...

I'm sure I've had Play Now games in the past without it showing!

To my recollection, it is dependent on having allowed the introductory movie to have played before starting a new game. If you click to skip the movie, it assumes you don't want the slide show either. Since most people seem to eventually get to the point of choosing to either click to skip the movie or disable it in the .ini file they stop seeing the slide show as well.

Top Bottom