1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orbis - Questions and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Ahwaric, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Rainbowsand

Rainbowsand Warlord

I see that palisade improvement is being replaced with the walls but due to my greedy nature simply loathe to see those hammers go to waste. So i propose to remove that palisade into "stake perimeter" and let it (building AND defensive bonus) be along with walls again.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Walls in Orbis contain the bonus from Palisade plus that of the Walls in FfH; It is an upgrade to the building, you are not wasting any hammers. It simply cleans the city screen.

3. Wauthan

Wauthan Inaniloquent Nihiliarian

I noticed that the Worker units and Clay golems have a fighting animation in RifE. Any chance of importing that to Orbis?

4. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That's from FF, actually, and is just an animation of Warkirby's. Not hard to import at all; And yes, very nice. ;)

5. Apeiron

Apeiron Warlord

How works exactly the conversion of forests into ancestral forests ? You need to be converted the the Leaves ? And what happen to your ancestral forests if you choose an other religion ?

6. Wauthan

Wauthan Inaniloquent Nihiliarian

Yes, you need to convert to FoL in order to have your forests upgrade. Forest tiles without any improvements upgrade quickly, those that area already worked will take some time. It's a good idea to adopt FoL early in other words. All ancient forests remain if you convert to a new religion but regular forests will stop upgrading. So, adopt FoL early to gain the extra food then change religions when you've finished expanding.

7. Apeiron

Apeiron Warlord

Thanks ^^

8. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Actually, that is how it works in FF/Rife. In orbis, palisade is removed. Both for real world reasons (usually, you got one or the other, not both), and art display (if both are in, palisade top can be seen on top of walls).
    How about making palisade much cheaper? this way the you will not waste much hammers, and building it will make more sense.
    Good to know :)

9. Apeiron

Apeiron Warlord

Good idea. I never build palisade, but if it is cheaper I think it can be more attractive in the beginning or for new cities.

Juste a question about the Concils : is it possible to have some resolution in a Concil and to keept them in the other ? For example, can I allow the special port in the Esus Concil and after enter in the High Concil and continue to build these ports ?

10. Apeiron

Apeiron Warlord

About the ability of the priest of leaves to spread forests, I think it can become an auto-spread to discrease the micro-management, maybe with their religious tech or Communion with nature ?

11. Breez

Breez King

i'm late to the conversation but could it make more sense to have city walls require Palisades and reduce the cost of the walls by the cost of the Palisade?

Basically think of the palisade as a starting base for the walls to be built over. The walls would still replace the palisade, and would mean zero "lost hammers", and give both buildings a reason to exsist.

Alternatively if you keep it the way it is, can walls obsolete palisade so that once walls are available the palisade no longer is an option to build?

I never knew I was losing the palisade before, I been building both in every city wasting a LOT of hammers. I'm just trying to look out for the new guys that may be making that same mistake.

12. Fluesterwitz

Fluesterwitz Chieftain

Palisades are the first thing I build in a city and while I'm certainly not opposed to recycle the hammers invested, the system as is makes sense. Only an expanding city that outgrows its palisades, meaning lots of production and trade, and/or is militarily important, is worth the expenditure of a fortress wall. The amount of recycle timber is probably negligible, even if the cost of the wall does not scale with the size of the population, supposing more pop equals more to be enclosed space.

13. daveishere55

daveishere55 The Mad Scientist

@Apeiron - If it was possible to keep resolutions active while leaving the council the resolution was made for, there would be absolutely no reason for a neutral civ to not join the Undercouncil, get the smuggler's port building, then switch out to the Overcouncil for the diplomacy bonus. The point is, you have to choose which is more important to you - better relations with your neutral/good neighbors, or more money.

14. daveishere55

With the introduction of Orbis 1.0, I have a problem.

Fallout.

While fallout can only be created by the Holy Hand Grenade or a Mechanos power plant meltdown, it is impossible to remove. Sanctify used to be able to take care of it, but that is no longer the case, especially since the squares are made impassable.

Does it disappear after a certain amount of time, or does it simply lurk in the land forever, blocking those squares of the city radius from ever being used or developed again? Or was this simply an oversight as a result of all the larger changes being made in the development process?

15. Apeiron

Apeiron Warlord

But... in that I haven't to choose, because I can have all the resolutions of the two concils, right ?
    For example, if i sign a defense pact with the Overcouncil, I keep it if I go to the Esus Concil, or if I get the bonus for the construction of the gaming house with the Esus Concil, I can keep it when I go to the Overcouncil. Right ?

16. daveishere55

@Apeiron - I don't quite understand what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that it is already possible to switch councils and keep the bonuses? Or are you asking Ahwaric to change the council system so it does work that way?

17. Kalina

Kalina Just lurking...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8911263&postcount=5

So it should disappear in time, though it's rather long time, especially in late game :(

18. Apeiron

Apeiron Warlord

@ daveishere55 : It is a question. Well, I just want to know if a resolution of a Council is kept when we leave this Council. If I signed Defense pact with the Overcouncil, do I keep it if I join the Esus Concil ? If I have the access of smugling port, do I keep them if I join the Overcouncil ?

19. daveishere55

@Kalina - Thanks for pointing that post out.

@Apeiron - I understand your question now. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer, since I've never tested it. That should probably be looked into, but I don't really have a lot of spare time right now to do things like that.

20. Iskar Jarak

Iskar Jarak Chieftain

Shouldn't Korinna be immune to the ill effects of haunted lands even before she accepts the gift.
    Also centeni start with both the undead and alive promotion.