Order city name?

c0pr4x

Warlord
I would like to know if it's possible to change the order of the default city name with every civs?

For example, i want to get New York at the first default city instead of washington.

Can i change that? and where to change that?

Thx.

Yes they can be easily changed using a good text editor.

The ordered city name list is in Assets/XML/CIvilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. under each civ.

It is normal that the first city name is not the one we have for our first city build?
For example: I had The French in one game, my first city name (default) wasnt Paris but Larochelle. When i look into the XML, Paris is the first city in the list. Why this is happening?

Same problem. In the last few games the first city's name was randomly chosen.

Curious, we are not a history simulator. What does it really matter?

JosEPh

Curious, we are not a history simulator. What does it really matter?

JosEPh

I agree it does not really matter. But if it is not accessing the list of Cities correctly - it must be a bug.

I've had this occur from time to time previously, but it's not consistent. I'm not certain about this, but it could be related to the mapscript or game options chosen. Might also be related to regenerating the map, or BUG options, or even something changing between SVN versions somehow.

Even that doesn't do it. From the way this happens I assume it permutates the list randomly.

You can give the city any name you want. When I play as America, I rename the cities to the ones I've lived in, ones near me, etc.

You can give the city any name you want. When I play as America, I rename the cities to the ones I've lived in, ones near me, etc.

That is known. :)

The debate is about why the Cities at the top of the pre-set list are not being picked. :(

Because its easier when i know the city. I play in a duel map so we dont have many cities. So when i play against china, i know Bejing is China! :)

I had this issue (random city names) when I switch to a different mod like Realism Invictus and then go back to C2C

Classic example for needing to remember to clear the cache file when you play another mod and when you return to C2C.

Last edited:
I've wondered about this too. To a programmer, all unexpected behavior matters, even if it seems benign, because it could be a symptom of a broader problem. Plus for aesthetic reasons, I'd like cities to come in the proper order, for me by default and for the others civs.

Top Bottom