Pacific/Oceania Mod- Discussion Thread

My apologies, I've been busy recently.
Anyways, I was focusing more upon the civs for final inclusion in the (whole) mod.
As per discussion, ideas are:
Papua
Koori
Maori
Hawai'i
Tonga
Fiji
Nan Madol
Rapa Nui
Tahiti
Marquesas (name?)

List is probably incomplete, but still... you get the idea.

I would have thought Samoa would be at least as important as some of those others.

I'm not sure how you're going to make all of these distinct though. There wasn't really that much difference between the various islander groups.

Ah, yes, Samoa. I've got this stuff written down somewhere - there were 8(?) major Polynesian kingdoms, and I wanted to include those, plus Papua, Koori, and Nan Madol, but was looking for ideas/major civs I overlooked.

Also considered Majahapit, but not sure if the region is close enough...

I already know what the UA will be for Tonga (that's where Poly's UA will go), but not sure on the rest yet.

Due to time commitments and another Terra Novus mod (a simpler one that is almost done), this is temporarily on pause. Expect a resume in a month or two.

Where was I?
Oh yeah, bump.
I haven't had too much time to actually mod, with my schedule. Sorry about that, should be back up to speed in the next month or two.

Alright. Sorry for my inactivity, I've been busy with RL stuff (that I won't have to deal with after this month). In light of the announcement of the expansion, we'll be waiting until then, to see what changes are made to the game and to modding.

So, it's been a while since I posted here, and I apologize for that.

The good news? Well, the reason I hadn't been working on this as diligently.. was because I was learning how to code Java. Which certainly helps you understand lua code better.

On another note, I will be finishing this after Gods & Kings is released, so that I can take advantage of the new features, especially the changes to navies.

Sounds sensible. I'll come back to work on the NZ scenario design once I see how the expansion works and what it might add, if there is still interest and if others can help with brainstorming.

Alright. So, I am stating in advance that I will be gone for at least 7 weeks, and probably more, starting on the 22nd.

This means that, not only will I not be making progress in the background (I'm going to a 6 week residential Molecular Biology course, followed by a week of camp, potentially followed by 2 weeks of touring schools), I won't be able to test out and fix things for the expansion. As such, any notes you think to be relevant during your playthroughs will be very beneficial, and much appreciated.

A year-and-a-half after I first proposed this mod, I'm back from the dead.

Let's see, let's see...

I'm on a new comp, which means my old work is sitting in a back corner
A lot of my development work still needs to be done
I'm still really busy

On the other hand, however...
This is still a part of Terra Novus (which has already released an early version of Zambezi, the African-focused counterpart)
I'm on a new computer, which means everything runs much more smoothly and quickly
Most of my RL stuff has slowed down to being buried in homework, interviews, and waiting (as opposed to homework, applications, interviews, and waiting).

So, I'll probably go back and give the OP an overhaul with my current thoughts pretty quickly, let's see where that brings us.

Top Bottom