PAE Trouble shooting

Yes, I could create a patch 4 thread where I list all changes and bug fixes I've already made....

Tell me the list.

The next thing is... I have to downgrade my version again to patch 3.. but that's no problem ;)

Well, the other crash I have is one where it crashes simple when I'm scrolling. Unfortunately I haven't saved that one. I will capture it next time I hit it.

Another issue has to do with the Theater of Dionysus. It can only be built by a great artist, and you must also have either wine or song. But songs come from theaters, and theaters can only be built if the cult of Dionysus is present, but the cult of Dionysus is only founded when the Theater of Dionysus is built. So it impossible to already have songs before building the Theater of Dionysus.

yes, this bug will be fixed.

Babel, just wait for the next patch. Patch 4. Lot's of things will be fixed and changed. and added. I will upload a test version, where all XML things are finished and in the meanwhile I do add those python things...

yes, this bug will be fixed.

Babel, just wait for the next patch. Patch 4. Lot's of things will be fixed and changed. and added. I will upload a test version, where all XML things are finished and in the meanwhile I do add those python things...

I am rooting for that to happen :)

When I load the mod, a bunch of XML Load errors show up like this one:"LoadXML call failed for xml∖text∖paegametext_paev_pedia.xml Current XML file is: xml∖text∖ramks_mod.xml"
Or

"Failed Loading XML file xml∖text∖paegametext_conceptspedia.xml. [/Users/tim/P4/Civ4/Source BTS/Win/FirePlace/FireWorks/Win32/FXml.cpp:140] Error parsing XML File -

File" xml∖test∖paegametext_concepts_pedia.xml
Reason" (null)
Line: 0,0
Source" (null)

Along with these windows opening up, there is always a lower CIV IV BTS window that says: [PieAncientEuropeV] Init XML (uncached) and the blue loading bar below.

But when I press OK to all of them and wait a bit, the game loads and it seems to be working. I haven't really played it.

Do these errors mean that I will have problems in the game later. By the way, I'm playing on an iMac. Thanks for your help in advance.

Oh, I think this these files have a wrong format. Try to save them in text wrangler, then it should work. this only concerns those txt files. there should be no problem during game play.

ONDOLINDE, did that work for you? I have the same problem. My error messages are identical. There are three files which throw errors for me: paegametexts_pedia, paegametexts_concepts_pedia, and paegametexts_paev_pedia. Each file has XML load errors, exactly like the ones you described above. Here are screenshots of the error messages:http://imgur.com/a/TFznm

Also, when I click through all six error message boxes, the mod runs almost normally except for some graphical glitches, but one problem at a time.
I've okayed this mod since 2012 on a pc, it's always worked fine (except for the occasional bug :p) and I love it!

PS: OSX El Capitan 10.11.5, 11-inch macbook air from mid-2011, civ5 works fine as well as native mods like Next War

Hello, I probably found the reason for the Issue. In Assets/XML/Text/PAEGameText_Quotes.xml the first line contain some spaces. They disturb the parsing engine of the XML file?!

Code:
Wrong: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO - 8859 - 1"?>
Ok:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?

Please try to fix this single line or replace the Text-Folder with the attached files. (In this Zip, I also fix the 'latin1'-fileencoding of a few files to 'utf-8' I do not know if this also helps.

Regards Ramk

Attachments

• PAE_FixedXML_for_Patch3.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 204
Heyhey! Nice job with the mod; I`ve always wanted to stay longer in that wonderful ancient period when playing Civ games and with this mod I don`t have to advance into medieval times. Yay

Now I`ve only played it once; so I`m not sure if it`s a bug or I`m missing something. I killed off the last opponent and everyone is either my vassal or dead, but no victory occurs.
According to the "victory conditions" screen, there is still one left. One of my vassals has a vassal of his own, is this that one opponent or should I mobilize my fleet and go look for a lost civilization somewhere in the far reaches of the map?

Oh, sorry. That's a kind of bug.. no.. better: it's not intended in BTS that vassals have their own vassals. It's only possible in PAE.

But I think, we will get rid of it in Patch 4. Where vassals from a CIV that currently gets a vassal, gets freed. So that the victory condition of BTS works again.

2 questions.
It seems I cant build the ”Arquites” unit. I have the required tech and resources. Playing as romans, obviously.

Also, is there a way to upgrade the ”old” scenarios to the new patch?

Oh, and this mod is awesome!

Arquites: it's a veteran Sagittarius (Veteran promotion: Str 6->7) see PAE concept Unit Commendation

Of course, they are in the PrivateMaps folder since patch 4. When you upgrade PAE V with the latest patch you can delete the PublicMaps folder there and play with the updates maps of the PrivateMaps folder (which are also listed in-game correctly).

1. Nice! So as Romans I have to capture tech ”Recurvebow” to get Sagittari?

2. My bad. I see I am running the latest
Version of the scenario. I just got confused by some strange goings-on ingame.

Thx for the quick answer btw!

1. Yes

2. what kind of strange things? tell me, I will change bad things of course

Well, its not a big deal really, in Diadochi scenario I had a problem with mercenaries. When I went to hire naval units (What units do you want to hire/Naval units/...” war elephant” was the only option!? I went to /elephant/... to check but there was nothing at all to hire there. I figured the elephant slot bumped the naval slot somehow.
I reloaded scenario a couple of times ( i really wanted to play this) with same results. I finally decided to play the scenario anyway ( as i said, i REALLY wanted to play this) and after i started it up everything worked fine all of a sudden. Strange goings-on indeed.

Still playing Diadochi, I do have an issue with not being able to activate ”create automated trade route” button tho. The button is there but nothing happens when i click it.
No game breaker, more like, when the feature is gone you realize how useful it is! Cred to you guys for implementing it!

A final question while Im at it; in any PAEV game a thing about mercenaries is that sometimes hire options disappear. I have the option to hire a Liburna, for instance, but a few turns later the option is gone. I checked the pedia and it seems my options depend on my neighbors tech/resource status. So, if my neighbors lose their iron resources Liburnas will be off the market? Have I understood this correctly?

Thanks again for all your time and effort with this mod. (I shall be off to Parthia to see Orodes II about some Sagittari next!)

Yes, you can only hire units from neighbors you know and they must be able to build it.To check, if a neighbor can train a unit I have to check a city of him. I use their capital for that. So if nobody of the capitals of your neighbors can train a certain unit, it's not listed.

The trade route has a bug that will be fixed in the next patch. sorry for that ;(

I like this! Hypothetically I could provide a neighbor with the right resources to put units I dont have the tech for on the market. Very useful at higher levels.

Top Bottom