Pandemic the Board Game (Play-by-Forum)

Right, build in Osaka, and then use the free research station to get wherever you want.

So, in theory, I could treat disease (1), build station (2), fly Lagos (3), and treat disease (4), preventing an outbreak in both cities in one turn. But it would also mean Osaka would be on the verge of outbreak again if it gets another cube.

Thoughts?

So, in theory, I could treat disease (1), build station (2), fly Lagos (3), and treat disease (4), preventing an outbreak in both cities in one turn. But it would also mean Osaka would be on the verge of outbreak again if it gets another cube.

Thoughts?

Red will be cured soon, I dont think we should worry about Osaka

Actually I would still go ahead and knock it out. Because if you get an epidemic this turn it might outbreak.

Unless Tim, G1K, or MJ come swooping in with an explanation of how dumb this is:

Event Card: Establish a Research Station in Lagos.
Event Card: Transfer MJ's Hong Kong card to G1K.

A1: Establish a Research Station in Osaka.
A2: Treat Disease in Osaka.
A3: Fly to Lagos.
A4: Treat Disease in Lagos.

Unless Tim, G1K, or MJ come swooping in with an explanation of how dumb this is:

Event Card: Establish a Research Station in Lagos.
Event Card: Transfer MJ's Hong Kong card to G1K.

A1: Establish a Research Station in Osaka.
A2: Treat Disease in Osaka.
A3: Fly to Lagos.
A4: Treat Disease in Lagos.
Update Pending

End of Turn Fourteen
Synsensa sent a message to the rest of the team:
"I've secured the government funding for the Research Station in Lagos. I've also finished analyzing the sample Marcher Jovian has. He should give it to Golden1Knight - I think it will work."

Synsensa constructed a Research Station in order to allow easy access to Osaka, where so many people had contracted Blood Flood. He organized some doctors to stay at the facility, and soon their work was evident. Cases fell throughout the month.

Synsensa took a flight to Lagos, which was overwhelmed. Without the government funding, he wasn't sure he could make it. Things were bad. He did his best to treat the patients with Yellow Fever, but he knew he would soon have to get help if a cure wasn't developed soon. Thankfully, it looked like the team had also completed the research.

These people needed it.

[Golden1Knight has received Marcher Jovian's Hong Kong card. Research stations have been constructed in Osaka and Lagos.
One red cube has been removed from Osaka. One yellow cube has been removed from Lagos. Synsensa is now in Lagos.]

CARD DRAW

Synsensa
has drawn two cards:

INFECTION DRAW

The Yellow Fever continues to spread in South America, with Bogotá receiving the worst of it. Several medical experts worry that the disease could spiral out of control if it is not stopped soon. [Bogotá receives one yellow cube.]

Airports are restricting who may enter and exit in the nation of India as more cases of the Black Death spread in Delhi. The prohibitive cost of the new cure means that proper distribution would likely require significant expertise. [Delhi receives one black cube.]

Turn Fifteen
Year 2033, April 23rd
State of the World:
BoardTurn14.jpg

@Timsup2nothin:
You are in Hong Kong. You have 4 actions. Choose any in a mix and match fashion:

Drive/Ferry: Move to a connected city.
Direct Flight: Discard a card to fly to that city.
Charter Flight: Discard a card to fly from that city to anywhere.
Shuttle Flight: Move between research stations.

Treat Disease: Remove one disease cube, or 3 disease cubes of a cured color, from a city.
Discover a Cure: Spend 5 cards of the same color at a research station to cure a disease.
Share Knowledge: Take a card that matches your city with someone also in that city, or give a card to someone in your city (you can give any card.)
Build Research Station: Build a research station in your current city by discarding its matching card.

You are the Researcher.

You can do the Share Knowledge action and give any card without that card matching your current city. (i.e. if you are in the same city, you can pass any card to another player. Ignore the Lab Challenge text.)

Current Cards

Infection Rate: 2 Cities per turn

Outbreaks: Two. (More are possible in three cube cities.)

Epidemic Possible?: Yes. (5/11 cards remain in the section)

Last edited:
Players and Card Hands:
Spoiler :
Synsensa
You are the Operations Expert.

You have two special abilities:
1. You can do the Build Research Station action without discarding a card.
2. Once per turn, you can move anywhere by discarding a city card if you are at a research station.

Current Cards

---

Marcher Jovian
You are the Scientist.

You only need 4 cards to Discover a Cure.

Current Cards

---

Timsup2nothin
You are the Researcher.

You can do the Share Knowledge action and give any card without that card matching your current city. (i.e. if you are in the same city, you can pass any card to another player. Ignore the Lab Challenge text.)

Current Cards

---

Golden1Knight
You are the Medic.

You have two special abilites:
1. You remove all cubes of one color when treating disease, even when the disease is not cured.
2. If a disease is cured, all cubes of that color are automatically removed when you are in a city (and therefore no more cubes can be placed there while you stay there).

Current Cards

Cards in Draw Deck: 25 [13 turns until time runs out]

Infection Discard Pile:
Spoiler :
Upcoming Cards in the Infection Draw Deck:
Spoiler :

Random order
Player Discard Pile

I give Marcher my two yellow cards, giving him seven, and then to show my utter disdain for the masses I hang out at the research center playing video games.

Top Bottom