Pantheon founded on turn 6?

Who turns off ancient ruins? That's the most fun part of the game

Technically, even if they settle immediately next to 3+ forests, do they get the faith already from turn one, or will it only start on next turn, i.e. turn 2?

Faith from their UA is just like everything else; beginning of each players turn.
So when you found a city you are at zero. But as soon as you hit end turn you get the yield.

But also note that 4000 BC is technically turn 0 instead of turn 1.

Who turns off ancient ruins? That's the most fun part of the game

I do because it made the game too easy for the human (me); actually I'd prefer something like SMAC's limited "unity scattering" which placed two ruins near every major players starting area to the all or nothing choice we have in Civ V that would give some enjoyment from ruins but not allow the human to get major advantages over the AI.

Just to confirm, do the Celts not have to work the forest tiles to get the faith? No way they've got 3-4 pop by turn 6. In which case..maybe the Celts aren't as low-tier after all...

They don't have to work the tiles. They get the Faith automatically. I forget what it shows up as in the breakdown, but it's not a tile yield.

It means the Celts consistently have a Pantheon on turn 5 or 10 (standard speed) if they find a forest or two to settle next to. Only way that doesn't work out is if someone ninjas first pantheon with a religious CS, or AI Maya or Ethiopia bang out a shrine really quickly.

Natural Wonder tiles have to be worked, same as any tile generating Faith thanks to a Pantheon or Monastery. The Celts aren't adding a yield to any tile, they're just getting it there. I think it shows up as a "trait".

What about a natural wonder like Mt Sanai etc?
Unless you play Diety this is an unlikely scenario, because a player will always start a minimum of 5 tiles away from a natural wonder, and hence should not be able to work it in capital, and if AI is programmed to settle on starting location, that needs to include a second city then, which should happen after turn 6.

Top Bottom