Password Problems

Heerlo

Jedi Master Hearlo
I'm having issues with certain programs not letting me login. It is mostly Origin, but now has spread to the Star Wars The Old Republic launcher as well.

For some reason, about every other time I try to log in on Origin, it tells me that my password or email is incorrect. I know this could not be true, because it puts my username in automatically and I know my password is not wrong. It's become just a day-to-day task for me; I reset my password to the exact same thing it was before, and then it works.

But this is getting rather ridiculous and I was just wondering if anyone knew something about these kinds of issues. Thanks in advance.

Jesus, I thought I was the only one. I'm having exactly the same problem, and at first I thought that my rig has been hacked. Have you found a solution, yet?

Unfortunately, no. I considered hacking as well, but if it is hacking I don't know why the hacker isn't doing something worse. Maybe they're just trolling us. :hmm:

Are you having the issue on two different programs like me?

Yep. I formatted my HDD and installed Windows anew, but it didn't help. I think it has to do something with EA (since I had no problem with my other accounts unrelated to EA) or my location or my provider, I don't know.

Yep. I formatted my HDD and installed Windows anew, but it didn't help. I think it has to do something with EA (since I had no problem with my other accounts unrelated to EA) or my location or my provider, I don't know.

That's a very good point. The only programs I'm having this issue with are Origin and SWTOR, both owned by EA.

Could this be related to the Windows update that locks us out of Civ IV? There's a short discusion on the tech support thread.

Could this be related to the Windows update that locks us out of Civ IV? There's a short discusion on the tech support thread.

I don't think so. I first had this problem on Windows 7. I skipped Windows 8, upgraded straight to 10 and the problem still persists.

I think this particular problem is with EA.

Top Bottom