Patch 1.09 released!

Look how far I have gotten after ten minutes:

:woohoo:Oh yeah!:woohoo:Rock on!:band::woohoo:I rule!!!

I like how before I didn't have any videocard problems, and now I do!

Rhymes said:
All the problems with ingame movies have been fixed for me... everything seems to run perfectly... The only thing is that since I installed the patch there is a pop up message on civ4 startup that says my machine doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this game.... It doesn't seem to matter though.

Its a bug.. my machine is well above all the requirements.

Same deal here. My video card did lack the hardware T&L thing, but I've been playing well for a while. Small annoyance.

The patch is a failure, just like this game and design team. It solved absolutly nothing.

can anyone post one of their huge map game saves, id like to see if it actually runs faster now on my machine... ^_^

Thanks for the download links...the in-game patcher died on me the first try - downloading via rapidshare worked much better! (not surprised since I'm sure the official patch site is slammed)

I notice a real speed up of the game after the patch. It`s not perfect, on my game on standart map in 2004ad, it's still a little sluggish, but not like before, and it's really, but really playable.
I have a Intel GMA 900.

question about xfire - i seem to remember hearing bad things about it - i didnt download it - does that mean i cannot play any MP?
Isnt this the software(xfire) that loads hidden code on your computer?

the bug with the random map seed isn't fixed yet? oh well guess it'll be manual changing till the next patch comes out :cry:

I STILL see no mention of adding airport icons to cities. It's such a pain to have to enter each city's city screen to see where the airports are (assuming you're running anything less than the highest graphical quality settings). Maybe for the next one....

staring at the menu while waiting for the patch download, i realised for the first time that the rotating globe is cool!! the city lights come on and off when it becomes day or night!!

ok maybe i'm the only one who nvr noticed that bfore :blush:

I downloaded it OK but have problems now I did not have before. I loaded my current save game - huge map 1950. The game dropped me back ten years to 1940 and now I have all sorts of black yuck wherever the terrain is desert. Prior to this I had no graphics problems - my only concern was that the game was slow. The one turn I did try with my new yucky graphics was even slower than the unpatched game.

I will try a new game and the new Nvidia drivers but if that does not work it's back to V1 for me.

Top Bottom