Patch 3.19 out

I already patched.
If you tell me the way and password to go to my
team (Madscientists) that I forgot,i'll try and let
you know what happens.
Best regards,

I (junior member team MS) will not be patching until HOF 3.19 is released. I'm not a turnplayer though, so it shouldn't matter for this game.

There is a difference between junior and normal team members?

Yeah, the whole point about being a "democracy" game is that everyone on a team should have an equal say. ;) If they don't have an equal say on MS, that could be why a disproportionate number of members are losing interest on that team. Perhaps that's the problem that needs to be fixed. :)

Okay, good to know. Worth checking up on, anyway. If any team runs that way (now or in the future), it needs to be seriously looked into - simply because it turns off the newer players if there's already a set hierarchy in place such that they don't have much (or any) power upon entering the team. :)

I don't think the concensus is to not patch, it's to see if any untoward bugs are discovered. Patch has been out, what, 6 days? Probably going to have to patch at some point...

Yeah, but just not in the immediate future. Maybe a few weeks down the line. :)

Umm... why would you wait a few weeks? This is the official patch from Firaxis. It is now the official game standard, and the vast, overwhelming majority of the community will be using it. Unless this group plans on running 3.17 for the remainder of the game - months if not years away - there is absolutely no reason not to patch the Demogame immediately. You're going to do it anyway, why not patch and do away with irritating dual installations?

Because there have been reports of bugs when going from 3.17 to 3.19 - units disappearing, amongst other things. Better to be cautious, I think. There's no reason to rush into things when it could cause unnecessary problems. (Remember 3.02? ;) )

And for me at least, dual installs are not irritating in the slightest. As long as you've got a few GB spare on your hard drive, you can dual install once and then play either version thereafter with ease.

But yes, no doubt eventually we will patch. No need to hurry though. :)

I patched and tried to connect, but timed out.
Not decisive,it happened a lot of times before.
It was about 10:30 AM London time.
Just to check if it was my mistake: I called BTS, then multiplayer,
then IP connection, then the game name, then both with and without password.
It tried as usual but timed out.
Best regards,

Dual installs are irritating, for me for example I have to unistall everything as I have already patched.

The misterious bug reports I don't know about, have not seen anything similar myself or seen someone report it for pitboss or online game.

This is a multiplayer game so it will have to be patched like all multiplayer games eventually IMO.

Umm... why would you wait a few weeks? This is the official patch from Firaxis. It is now the official game standard, and the vast, overwhelming majority of the community will be using it. Unless this group plans on running 3.17 for the remainder of the game - months if not years away - there is absolutely no reason not to patch the Demogame immediately. You're going to do it anyway, why not patch and do away with irritating dual installations?

I think a good moment for switching would be when the HOF/GotM switch, since there probably is quite a large amount of players participating in both the MTDG and the HOF/GotM.

I 've dual installed, because some pbems are in 3.17 and the ISDG is 3.19; also I would prefer a patch in this game.

Top Bottom