1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Patch Livestream March 29th

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Mar 28, 2019.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

They could also make flood barriers get bonuses with various future era techs/civics. Each length provides one green tidal power, each length provides housing, etc.

Also, civs that don't have computers should be able to pay a civ that does to build them for them.

Elhoim likes this.
  2. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

Good point. Sea level rises prevented could also add something.

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Actually I would be okay with there being no flood barriers in the game, but you get the increased yields on those tiles as you mention, but they are lost forever when the sea takes them. That would make an interesting choice between settling there for immediate benefit, but a substandard city in the late game.

4. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

I know it's cosmetic, but I would love flood barriers to be smaller than they are now. They are HUGE :p

WillowBrook likes this.
  5. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

I have no idea why flood barriers come so late. It isn't like levees and sea walls are new technology by any means. The technology and materials may have changed but the concept remains the same. They should be upgradeable through the tech tree.

WillowBrook likes this.
  6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_power

Let them give 2 power per tile. Anyway, they should be per tile improvements. When we're able to halt global warming half way through we shouldn't still have to build flood barriers on the tiles that aren't going to be flooded just to cover the lowest parts.

acluewithout and Pietato like this.
  7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Is it even possible to protect large areas of land with current technology? Doesn't seem like it to me. I'm not talking about during storms and such, but all the time. And wouldn't doing so raise the sea level in other places? If you are keeping the ocean out of a certain area, it has to rise in another area. :)

8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

Wait until we get better computers, though …

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  9. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Chieftain

Should i be exited for a patch release tomorrow? (Tuesday)