PAX Gaming Expo

I live in Providence, RI, about a 45 minute drive to Boston. Hopefully I'll be able to make it on Sunday the 8th but I am not certain I can make it yet.

Small world, I'm from Warwick.

OT: While PAX is a great even for gamers and super affordable to go to, I'm not sure it has a history of a lot of big announcements. We may get a release date, and possibly confirmation of a new civ or two, but I wouldn't expect a complete reveal. Then again, if release is closer than we think, they very well could have the the complete version of the game on display.

I swear Ed or whoever was interview (vids) said that the game is pretty much finished but is in polishing state. which means it's near completion.

OT: While PAX is a great even for gamers and super affordable to go to, I'm not sure it has a history of a lot of big announcements. We may get a release date, and possibly confirmation of a new civ or two, but I wouldn't expect a complete reveal. Then again, if release is closer than we think, they very well could have the the complete version of the game on display.

At the very least, we should be able to confirm once and for all whether those warriors in one of the screenshots are Mayan holkans, Ethiopian oromos or Zulu impis!

At the very least, we should be able to confirm once and for all whether those warriors in one of the screenshots are Mayan holkans, Ethiopian oromos or Zulu impis!

Hopefully leaders / civilizations as well. Although I'd be surprised if we don't get new articles from it. (What if the units were using placeholder graphics for one or the other - icon / model?

I highly doubt that was placeholder, why on earth would they use a brand new icon as a placeholder? The only thing that's possibly a placeholder is the Dove icon.

One of the last batch of articles was clearly explaining the play by play of the game that those screenies are taken from, one the german articles specifically stated that the Celts were fighting the Mayans with composite bowmans at about the time the great prophet was generated.

I am from CT. I used to make runs to Boston and Springfield all the time. Too bad I cannot be home now, but I live in Iowa. Pax would be on the list for attendence, thats for sure. Beer runs into Rhode Island were also a must. :lol:

Kool, I actually grew up in West Warwick...small world indeed.

Unfortunately I lost some money at Foxwoods this past weekend and definetly cannot afford PAX. Hopefully my girl's brother who IS going to the event will check out the Civ booth and get back to me with some hands on info.

I've been reading this forum a while, but wanted to chime in and say I live in the Boston area and also have a PAX badge heading my way, so I'll see what sort of info I can get on G&K while there. But if they raffle off a free copy and I win it, I'm not sharing that with you guys :p

Anything in particular I should keep an eye open for?

Well if they use the same demo that they used at GDC, then scour the civilopedia for references to the other civs (long shot).

Otherwise, the various uniques abilities either new or changed (Songhai, England etc)

Anything they're willing to share that they haven't already would be great.

So we know there's religion and espionage (and have a decent idea how it works). We know there's Carthage, Mayans, Dutch, Byzantines, Huns, and Celts. We don't know the other civs or any civ abilities.

New units or info about the tech tree would be good too.

Top Bottom