PBEM - One City Challenge

I just received, played and sent on 1840 though it was an overwrite save cause I'm not seeing as I sent it before.

I might have sent a duplicate - sorry if I did

mmm the same here. I played it and mailed it anyway.

By the way: i'm off for a short vacation soon (24 may - 31 may) to the Greece isle Kos. I'll have may laptop with civ with me but i'm not sure i have internet access over there.

how are people placed for upgrading this game to v319?

Edit: I've duel installed - so no problems here either way. Leaning towards patching so that all my games are on the same footing.

I'll go with what people want; i have more than 1 pc available; one has has still 3.17, the other 3.19, so no compatability issues here !

710ad to Patrola

nope - haven't got it.

played and sent

We have a problem!

When player receives game save and try to play his turn game asks him for a password, but for player that played before him.
Deztro and I tried all day to fix this problem and finally it seemed we worked it out, but now ruff_hi tells me that he have the same problem.

Any ideas?

I hope you will understand what I'm trying to say on this pigeon English.

I ran into this problem with a game I play too. I think it is caused by running duel installs and using either the 'altroot' command line or a short cut into a non-standard BtS install (ie not installed under 'Beyond the Sword').

My dual install looks like this ...

I am now manually renaming the various directories (by removing the v317 or v319 part) and I haven't had this problem reappear for about a week.

also look at the following comments ...

This patch has broken PBEM. I thought the problem with the PBEM turn being 'stuck' was just a conversion problem, but it is also happening with new games. There seems to be no rhyme or reason which games are affected

This seems to be related to reloads - if you complete a turn but choose not to send (or even if you *do* send), then it can get confused. It's difficult to describe, but the answer is to delete/rename the folder that contains the saves for the next player and try again.

I believe it's sufficient to simply get rid of the single save file - renaming or deleting the entire folder is not necessary (deleting the folder is probably a bad idea).

I'm thinking something goes wrong in the overwrite process.

Like Patrola said; we had some problems yesterday. Here are my observations:
I played the turn I received yesterday on my laptop and send it to Patrola. When he opened it, it asked for my password. I tried it a few times (on my laptop that is), reloaded the turn I received, played it, saved it, without success. After work I tried it on my desktop pc, this time with success. Since I play other PBEM's on my laptop without problems I thought of it as a technical hickup. Now the turn between Patrola and Ruff give the same problems.
I have patched both my pc's with 3.19, so no dual installs here.

Top Bottom