PDF: Civ4 BtS reference sheet

I think that benefits of Golden Age could be added to this reference material (I think they're not in yet?).
A golden age gives:
- extra commerce (don't know how much)
- extra production (don't know how much)
- +100% GP birth rate
- no anarchy for switching civics and religions

At least the first three could be added to pages 64-67 to their sections.

Golden Age gives +1 commerce in each plot that is producing at least 1 commerce, the same with the production bonus.

Similar to the financial bonus.

This still didn't answer my question. If I wasn't at the first two times clear enough, here are the AI attitudes from reference sheets:

- Mao Zedong (0/30/80/100, Medium aggression level)
- Ragnar Lodbrok (0/50/90/100, Very high aggression level)

So, based on those, Ragnar has higher "override chance" on Cautious and Pleased, and equal on Annoyed and Friendly, meaning that Mao will actually declare the war with less cancellations compared to Ragnar. So why his aggression level isn't as high (or higher) compared to Ragnar? And what's the point of the aggression level. Was I clear enough this time?

I think it is good to have aggression levels and "war cancellation at different diplomatic levels" - you just have to think about them as two separate factors.

Aggression level is over all how often the AI plans a war. The other factor does not have to do with "aggression" per se, but rather how loyal the AI is to its allies/friends/indifferent trading partners.
Let's take an example:
Suleiman is "high" aggression and 20/70/100/100
Isabella is "medium" aggression and 10/50/90/100

So Suleiman is more aggressive in general, but he's NEVER going to declare on you if you're friendly or pleased, and if even if everything else says "war" he only has a 30% chance to declare on you if you're cautious and an 80% chance if annoyed.

Isabella will theoretically not declare on you if friendly, but when her AI says "it's time for a war with player(you)", she has a 20% chance to declare if you're pleased and a 50% chance if you're cautious and a 100% chance when annoyed.

So long story short, Isabella is more likely to backstab than Suleiman. Maybe that's why there's a thread "Isabella is breaking my heart" on the front page of the BTS forum...

@Anion

OK, after so many posts of plaudit now a little bit of suggestions to innovate:

I think you should really make a booklet version dedicated to the b/w laser print people .

Actually we have have a full version (for the rich inkjet guys), an econo version (for the poor inkjet guys) and now why not a version for the mediocre black&white laser print guys?

You know, actually I'm refering to the coloring of the text. Red characters just don't print well on a b/w rasterizing output device. The original emphasis of the red color is turned into the contrary: hardly readable.

This was just a suggestion. Genrally I'm more than glad that your reference guide exists. Really, really good work.

If you don't have the time or if you don't feel like doing a b/w version just mail me an unlocked pdf or – better – the Indesign file and I will do do it. I'm a professionel quark/indesign etc. user, so no probs so far.

I'm pretty sure I had Incense on Plains in a recent game (can't confirm, I have thousands of screenshots saved). Is that p. 13 information based on code, or on gameplay?

I'm pretty sure I had Incense on Plains in a recent game (can't confirm, I have thousands of screenshots saved). Is that p. 13 information based on code, or on gameplay?
It SHOULD be based on code, because there's always a chance that he will never see it in 50 games even though it's possible in the code.

Resource infos based on XML (not on gameplay).

Here is the explanation why you got Incense on Plains:
"[...] when the map script creates the starting positions (after the creation of the map) it "beautifies" the surroundings. That creates some wierd effects: desert tiles next to a river ( not being floodplains ( this happens because the river is added to make the starting position better and no "floodplain check" is done later)); other times it adds resources in tiles were they shouldn't appear, like plains furs and plains deer ( I've seen both...) [...]"
This info was added by r_rolo (see: post #158).

Resource infos based on XML (not on gameplay).

Here is the explanation why you got Incense on Plains:
"[...] when the map script creates the starting positions (after the creation of the map) it "beautifies" the surroundings. That creates some wierd effects: desert tiles next to a river ( not being floodplains ( this happens because the river is added to make the starting position better and no "floodplain check" is done later)); other times it adds resources in tiles were they shouldn't appear, like plains furs and plains deer ( I've seen both...) [...]"
This info was added by r_rolo (see: post #158).

I can confirm all 3, I had incense, furs and deer on plains.

About the plains fur, incense and deer: This is one of the most extreme examples I ever saw ( came directly from the Funny Screenshots thread ):

Yes, 7 plains fur :eek: ( with one on a hill :crazyeye: ) , with 6 in the BFC of the starting position....

OOOOOOPS!!!
I just downloaded the 2-in-1 and open it. I was really not expecting a so high design/presentation quality!!!
I understand now when you say it took you 1 month...

I am going to see where I can find some postcards from where I live (Mozambique, a country in south east africa: you won't have many postcards from "Moçambique" in any collections...) and send them to you ... hope you will receive all of them ... in a month time...

1 question: do you prefer to have them new (sent grouped into an envelop) or mailed (each card has a stamp)?

OOOOOOPS!!!
1 question: do you prefer to have them new (sent grouped into an envelop) or mailed (each card has a stamp)?

jprc:
It's your choose. I would love them anyway. :D

Many, many thanks in advance!
I have no cards from place where you come from.

ok.
I will send them 1 by 1.
If I manage to find some nice stamps (I doubt...), and with the mozambican date stamp, and making them travelling individually, it will make more "real" and have a better "sentimental" value than just being shipped together with empty back side like a vulgar printed carton. After all, they are made for this, being posted...
As soon as I sent them I will tell you here when and how many...

(7 only and I saw more than 600 downloads?? Hum ... emails have killed the knowledge to the way to the post office...)

My only problem with this reference sheet is that its totally lacking in hotlinks. Its frustrating to read the profile of a leader, see what unique unit/building they have, but in order to find out what it does I have to scroll or search to find it. Or if I am looking at the tech tree and want to know what all it provides, again I am scrolling away.

Does anyone know how to add these?

(dj a postcard from Arizona, USA is going out today for you)

:wow: :eek: :dubious: THEY DON'T!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If ur gonna use it on a computer like the civpedia use teh civpedia duh

Show me how in the civpedia I can easily compare all of the governments at once? Or all of the leaders? Or all of the traits? Or compare various tile improvements? You can't. I have to look each one up separately. The reference sheets, on the other hand, have everything bundled together. It just would make things easier to reference if they were hotlinked.

16 different post cards are now with the Maputo airport's postoffice. Sorry, they all use the same stamp (only 1 choice for the postcard fees!...).
You should have the first of them in, say, 3 weeks time (African time...)
My time is only an ice cube in front of the time you needed for doing the iceberg work.

Top Bottom