PDF: Civ4 BtS reference sheet

I'm blown away by how great your guide is, Anion. Almost everything I'd ever thought "it'd be really nice if the info were indexed this way..." about is in there, and it's beautiful.

My postcard is on the way.

I know you're already maintaining multiple versions, but if you were willing, I'd love to see an 8.5" x 11" 'letter-size' version (just 3mm more margin on each side in the shorter dimension, but 9mm less on each side in the longer dimension, which might be a pain) for those of us in North America where the Golden Ratio isn't the standard.

But if you're not, your reference is worth buying a pack of A4 for.

thanks.

I am impressed a lot by this guide as well. As a request to someone in the forums, I do not have access to a printer+color. If someone could be kind enough to print this color in A4 format for me and send to me I would be very appreciate. I would be willing to compensate you for shipping and the trouble. Thanks.

You can't have it printed somewhere, or over Internet printing?

I've been googling but have not really found anything useful. Can you recommend a place(s) that would do A4 PDF? You don't have to feel obligated. If you happened to know of something off hand though that would be great, thanks.;)

Here, in Mozambique, I can bring the pdf files to my photoshop . It is run by Koreans, and they can print digital images.
You bring your digital photos, on a CD, flash memory or whatever, and they print it as photo out of their PC and multifunction color printer. Perfect quality.
They can do it without problem with Anion's files. My pdfs are now in the format of a large photo. It is a bit pricey (here, everything 100% more, minimum, than in your places), but it is perfect.
(don't ask me to do it for you and send it: I have sent 16 postcards to Anion more than 1.5 months ago, and obviously he has received nothing yet)
The second place where I can do it is at a little printingshop, doing visiting cards, plates, personnalized labels and signs. A PC + color printer is the core of their business!
The 3rd place is perhaps right in your mall (I don't have any here...), in these T-shirt places where they can copy a photo and print it on a T-shirt, a mug, etc... they often have also pc*printer...

My point is: if it is possible in Mozambique, I can not believe it is not possible in Europe or USA !!! ... except if your "malls" and standardized franchises have killed the entrepreneurship of little photo shop with PC/Printer...

There are a few places I'm thinking of bringing it to. You say your PDF are in format of a color photo. Could you post a few pictures .jpg so I have an idea of what to ask for when I go to the store? Thanks for replying too, I've been curious.

I purchased the "collector's edition" quite a long time ago. It has a nice keyboard reference although thats as far as it goes. Also, the strategy guide from bradygames was basically just a reference sheet but its now very outdated so its only good for basics.

Scratch my request for an 8.5 x 11 version -- turns out Adobe Acrobat is happy to convert it on the fly for a printer with 8.5 x 11 paper. No A4 paper needed.

For folks in the U.S. looking to get a copy printed, Kinko's and many other copy shops have computers and printers for people who want to do color printing.

I've been googling but have not really found anything useful. Can you recommend a place(s) that would do A4 PDF? You don't have to feel obligated. If you happened to know of something off hand though that would be great, thanks.;)
Here, try this: http://91311int00.clickprint.com/ never heard of them before but it's worth a shot!

There are a few places I'm thinking of bringing it to. You say your PDF are in format of a color photo. Could you post a few pictures .jpg so I have an idea of what to ask for when I go to the store? Thanks for replying too, I've been curious.

Unfortunately I can not. I do not have a scanner, or even a digital camera (I use an old argentic Leitz Leica R4) and can not send a pic of the paper version I got from "my" Koreans. But it is NOT done on a photo paper: it is simply a kind of plastified paper, identical to the one used for making the recto/verso cover of a VHS tape but a bit larger as the fonts are sometimes a bit small. The semi-plastified surface allows a good contrast. Regular A4/letter laser paper does not do it well as ink is absorbed too much by the paper (at least with the paper/ink we have here...)

I used the booklet version of Anion's guide. I have not printed all pages (too expensive!): only a selection.

Wow, when I use to live in Calcutta, India (one of the bigger cities) 5 years ago we hardly had any stuff like that, and when we did the copies sucked and were really pricey.

Thanks, It's really a great work.

Wow, when I use to live in Calcutta, India (one of the bigger cities) 5 years ago we hardly had any stuff like that, and when we did the copies sucked and were really pricey.

:) 5 years ago?? It was not existing here 9 months ago!!! The Korean were the 1st doing it, then a couple of machines came from Johannesburg (South Africa), no regrets then...
The copies are good, really good, but it is still pricey... If I convert Metical (85Mt) to USDollars, it is equivalent to roughly 3.5usd/page!! It means that you do NOT print all pages!!!:nuke:

Anion: question from my wife: Did you receive any of the 16 postcards from Mozambique we/she sent to you almost 2 months ago ?

question from my wife: Did you receive any of the 16 postcards from Mozambique we/she sent to you almost 2 months ago ?

Yes, I received all of them! Thank you very, very much. They are very unique in my collection.

Also, thank you all for these fantastic postcards. See: post #1 for special thanks list.

this came up in another thread:
iBasePeaceWeight is NOT a direct indicator of how warlike an AI is. This is purely a factor to weight AI vs. AI relations and basically makes sure that AIs with similar iBasePeaceWeight are more likely to get along with each other while AIs with very different iBasePeaceWeight are more likely to hate each other...

this came up in another thread:
iBasePeaceWeight is NOT a direct indicator of how warlike an AI is. This is purely a factor to weight AI vs. AI relations and basically makes sure that AIs with similar iBasePeaceWeight are more likely to get along with each other while AIs with very different iBasePeaceWeight are more likely to hate each other...

Is this "Diplomatic -> Base" in the Ref-manual?

Is this "Diplomatic -> Base" in the Ref-manual?
No it is Base Peace Weight which is the first entry in the third column next to the Leader images. The footnote on the first of the leader pages reads
Base peace weight (scale: 0 – most warlike, 10 – most peaceful);
that is wrong.

Base: is the hidden modifier they start with which is 0 or +/-1
the footnote for Base:
Base – attitude at first contact, modified by Difficulty Level (see: page 74);
is also not entirely right since this is an attitude modifier that stays throughout the game - but it is ok since it does describe the attitude at the start of the game (at first contact is wrong since you can incur traded with worst enemy, declared war on friend and religion modifiers even before you make contact. But those are nitpicks. The Base Peace Weight description is simply incorrect :)

No it is Base Peace Weight which is the first entry in the third column next to the Leader images. The footnote on the first of the leader pages reads

that is wrong.

Base: is the hidden modifier they start with which is 0 or +/-1
the footnote for Base:

is also not entirely right since this is an attitude modifier that stays throughout the game - but it is ok since it does describe the attitude at the start of the game (at first contact is wrong since you can incur traded with worst enemy, declared war on friend and religion modifiers even before you make contact. But those are nitpicks. The Base Peace Weight description is simply incorrect :)

Funny - seems I interpreted this value correct as I assume that +1 means this is a more "friendly" opponent. Thanx for clarification

Top Bottom