PDF: Civ4 BtS reference sheet

A updated version for 3.17 will be nice!

The author hasn't posted in just under a year. Short of someone begging the source files out of him I'd be shocked if it ever updates again. Give me a pdf of doc format guide anyday. They're essentially abandon proof.

Or 3.19. :mischief:

Make an update. But do we need one?
Are there major changes in 3.17 or 3.19?
I don't think so.

I have the original word-file, because i translated it into german.
But i don't know if i am allowed to publish it. I have to check this out.

Anyone knows if he lives in the same address? Maybe we could send him 50 postcards or so... you know, like a 'we still love you' message.

I dont mind the update very much, there arent significant changes in latests patches...

I updated this guide (the Econo version which is lightest on graphics and print-friendly) for patch 3.19 and uploaded it in the CFC Downloads database. Link is here.

The changes I made are below.

Change Log:

Spoiler :

• added numbers for unit build probability from DanF’s spreadsheet to the leader descriptions

• added numbers for wonder build probability, aggression rating, and espionage from Civ Illustrated #1: Know Your Enemy to the leader descriptions (no numerical values before)

• added maximum negative diplomatic modifier for different religions from Civ Illustrated #1: Know Your Enemy to the leader descriptions

• added in the leader descriptions that if the said leader owns the holy city, then same religion bonus is +1 on top of normal and different religion malus is -1 on top of normal

• clarified in the leader descriptions that relation factor in leader descriptions refers to peace weight

• added “can intercept aircraft (20% chance)” to Anti-Tank and Machine Gun

• fixed Holkan entry to +100% vs. mounted (was +50%)

• fixed Impi entry to +100% vs. mounted (was +50%)

• fixed description of Bureaucracy to +50% commerce (was +50% gold)

• fixed a typo on leader descriptions; planning (was planing)

Thanks!
dankok8 said:
If there are any suggestions for further improvements I'm all ears.
I've gone through the 3.17 and 3.19 patch notes and also compared the XML files from v3.13 with those in v3.19 (turns out that the patch notes were quite thorough); so this list of post-3.13 changes not reflected by the guide should be fairly reliable and complete.
Spoiler :
• Armored units ineligible for Barrage promotions
• Siege units are ineligible for Combat promotions
• Drill II is an alt. req. for Ambush
• Drill I is an alt. req. for Medic I
• Executives have a unit limit: 5 allowed (depending on map size as the **-footnote for Missionaries already says)
• Horse Archer, Numidian Cavalry, Keshik do not flank Trebuchet (only Catapult)
(edit) have no attack bonus against Trebuchet, only against Catapult.​
• Cuirassier, Conquistador, Cavalry, Cossack flank Catapult and Trebuchet (in addition to Cannon)
• Gunship flanks Cannon (in addition to Artillery and Mobile Artillery)
• Stealth Destroyer has 2 first strikes but no interception chance and no bombard rate; it costs 220, not 250.
• Attack Submarine costs 200, not 180.
• Airship has no anti-naval bonus
• Upgrade graph: Destroyer has no upgrades (not Stealth Destroyer and not Missile Cruiser)
Well, now, since you already have the software for editing the guide installed ... :mischief:

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback @f1rpo. I will integrate those changes as soon as I can after double-checking.

Great. :thumbsup:

There are also some omissions in the shortcuts section, but it's so crammed that it might be better to (mostly) leave it alone. Anyway, here goes:
Spoiler :
• Scrolling through units with the MW (mouse wheel) requires Ctrl to be held; I don't think city cycling is possible with the MW.
• The flying camera toggle requires Alt to be held in addition to Ctrl (alternative: Ctrl+Backslash). Shift+Alt+F freezes the camera angle while flying.
• Alt+F1: Free Colonies
• Shift+D: Contact player (menu popup)
• Ctrl+PrtScreen: Hi-res screenshot (TGA format, uses two times the screen resolution it seems)
• Shift+PrtScreen: Enter file name for screenshot
• Alt+U: Toggle unit display ("Toggle flag units" to use the same lingo as for Ctrl+R. Oh, and typo: "resorces".)
• I: Intercept aircraft
• H: Heal
• Ctrl+H: Select injured units
• Shift+Ctrl+H: Hall of Fame screen
• MMB (middle mouse button) centers the camera on the currently selected unit or city. C will also center on either a selected city or unit (says only "center on unit").
• Alt+C: Select all units in tile
• NUM5 is an alias for C (with and without modifier keys), but, unlike C, cycles to the next unit when the camera is already centered.
• Shift+P: Blockade/ Plunder
• On vassal's name (scoreboard): Alt+LMB – Demand vassal tribute
• Shift+LMB on tile: Context menu (unless right-click menu enabled)
• Shift+LMB on unit order: Add to the end of the queue
• Num0: Skip unit's turn (unlike Space, this can't end the player's turn)
• Numpad+/- is an alternative for city cycling, Numpad star and slash for unit cycling. Numpad period for Fortify.

Thanks!
I've gone through the 3.17 and 3.19 patch notes and also compared the XML files from v3.13 with those in v3.19 (turns out that the patch notes were quite thorough); so this list of post-3.13 changes not reflected by the guide should be fairly reliable and complete.
Spoiler :
• Armored units ineligible for Barrage promotions
• Siege units are ineligible for Combat promotions
• Drill II is an alt. req. for Ambush
• Drill I is an alt. req. for Medic I
• Executives have a unit limit: 5 allowed (depending on map size as the **-footnote for Missionaries already says)
• Horse Archer, Numidian Cavalry, Keshik do not flank Trebuchet (only Catapult)
• Cuirassier, Conquistador, Cavalry, Cossack flank Catapult and Trebuchet (in addition to Cannon)
• Gunship flanks Cannon (in addition to Artillery and Mobile Artillery)
• Stealth Destroyer has 2 first strikes but no interception chance and no bombard rate; it costs 220, not 250.
• Attack Submarine costs 200, not 180.
• Airship has no anti-naval bonus
• Upgrade graph: Destroyer has no upgrades (not Stealth Destroyer and not Missile Cruiser)
Well, now, since you already have the software for editing the guide installed ... :mischief:

I double-checked all of the changes you proposed here and they all check out except one.

Horse Archers, NC's and Keshiks do flank Trebuchets. The in-game Civilopedia says they do and I also ran a Worldbuilder test confirming that those units flank Trebuchets. The other changes are good to go. I will be releasing a new version soon.

Great. :thumbsup:

There are also some omissions in the shortcuts section, but it's so crammed that it might be better to (mostly) leave it alone. Anyway, here goes:
Spoiler :
• Scrolling through units with the MW (mouse wheel) requires Ctrl to be held; I don't think city cycling is possible with the MW.
• The flying camera toggle requires Alt to be held in addition to Ctrl (alternative: Ctrl+Backslash). Shift+Alt+F freezes the camera angle while flying.
• Alt+F1: Free Colonies
• Shift+D: Contact player (menu popup)
• Ctrl+PrtScreen: Hi-res screenshot (TGA format, uses two times the screen resolution it seems)
• Shift+PrtScreen: Enter file name for screenshot
• Alt+U: Toggle unit display ("Toggle flag units" to use the same lingo as for Ctrl+R. Oh, and typo: "resorces".)
• I: Intercept aircraft
• H: Heal
• Ctrl+H: Select injured units
• Shift+Ctrl+H: Hall of Fame screen
• MMB (middle mouse button) centers the camera on the currently selected unit or city. C will also center on either a selected city or unit (says only "center on unit").
• Alt+C: Select all units in tile
• NUM5 is an alias for C (with and without modifier keys), but, unlike C, cycles to the next unit when the camera is already centered.
• Shift+P: Blockade/ Plunder
• On vassal's name (scoreboard): Alt+LMB – Demand vassal tribute
• Shift+LMB on tile: Context menu (unless right-click menu enabled)
• Shift+LMB on unit order: Add to the end of the queue
• Num0: Skip unit's turn (unlike Space, this can't end the player's turn)
• Numpad+/- is an alternative for city cycling, Numpad star and slash for unit cycling. Numpad period for Fortify.

I'll take a look at these as well. Like you said that one is already really crammed and some of these functions are very rarely used.

[..] Horse Archers, NC's and Keshiks do flank Trebuchets. [...]
Thanks for being so thorough with this. I see where I went wrong: It's not the flank attack against Trebuchet that was taken away by patch 3.17, it's the +50% attack against Trebuchet.

Top Bottom