PDF: Civ4 BtS reference sheet

Huge fan of the guide. I've plugged it twice already in about 30 posts...

One thing I don't get: the wonder building behavior in the leader traits section 'very often', 'very rarely', etc. never seems to match behavior. Often two leaders in the same game are fitting each others opposite descriptions in wonder count.

Have you noticed this?

One thing that would be good to add to the document is in the description of the resources. The current information does not include whether or not a resource can be located adjacent to a river. (That information is in the XML files.)

FYI, the resources that are not allowed next to a river are: copper, corn, cow, horse, iron, marble, oil, pig, rice, sheep, stone, uranium, and wheat.

Please tell me you do this for a living, because if you dont, you should be :)

Great work!

One thing that would be good to add to the document is in the description of the resources. The current information does not include whether or not a resource can be located adjacent to a river. (That information is in the XML files.)

FYI, the resources that are not allowed next to a river are: copper, corn, cow, horse, iron, marble, oil, pig, rice, sheep, stone, uranium, and wheat.

hi ,

and where did you get that info from ? want 1000 screenshots that confirm they can ?

folks , dont forget the postcard to say thanks , the brady games guide costs over 25 us , or 30 euro , so send a card as payment for some one who done a great job :goodjob:

enjoy your sunday evening :)

and where did you get that info from ? want 1000 screenshots that confirm they can ?

It's in the CIV4BonusInfos.xml file. Look for the <bNoRiverSide> attribute. If it's 1, then the bonus can't be placed next to a river.

Okay, there are a couple of exceptions, I believe. Most map scripts place extra bonuses near the starting locations, to make for "fairer" stars. I think those extra bonuses ignore placement rules.

It's possible that some map scripts ignore the rules everywhere on the map, I'm not sure. But, if the map is following the XML file, it shouldn't allow (for example) copper next to a river.

FANTASTIC! At first sight I thought it was an official Handbook from Firaxis!;)

There's a false bit of information regarding the Incan Terrace:

On page 29 it sais:
+1 health from Corn, Rice, Wheat
+2 culture
doubles city growth rate

However a Terrace does not double the growth rate. The effect is the same as with a regular Granery: "half the city’s food supply remains after population growth" The only difference to a regular Granery is +2 culture.

Patch 3.17, Reference guide for 3.13 (7th April 2008)

Hi people, I have an older laser printer, it's an hp, I want to hook it up to a linksys wireless G router. Would I just plug it in to the router, and the computers on the network would notice it? I need help step by step. How would I hook up an older laser printer to a wireless router? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Hi people, I have an older laser printer, it's an hp, I want to hook it up to a linksys wireless G router. Would I just plug it in to the router, and the computers on the network would notice it? I need help step by step. How would I hook up an older laser printer to a wireless router? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance for any help.
First of all, if this printer is no network-printer you cannot directly connect it to your router. So 2 possibilities:
1. it IS a network printer:
- either connect it directly with an ethernet-cable to your router or
- buy an AP (access-point) and configure it as "network-client", plug
the printer to it and get a wireless connection to your router.
- each computer must configure a new printer via "printer on the network"
2. it is NOT a network printer:
- connect it directly to one of your computers and export it.
- all other computers (in the same workgroup off course) may then be able
to access this printer.

In both situations you need the correct drivers for your printer on all computers.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but it was written in the manual that on Emperor the AI get an extra settler, while it does not.

Maybe someone mentioned this, but Impi and Holkan have a +100% bonus vs. Mounted like normal Spearmen, not +50%.

This is a great tool to aid in helping players understand the game better. thanks for going the extra mile. There will be a gold star on your reportcard

I found a small piece of information not included in the guide. For those who are curious about the penalty on rushing wonders, here's what your hammers are multiplied by (note that internally it's what the cost is divided by; but I don't think this affects anything):

Building Hurry Hammer Multiplier
Angkor Wat 1/2
Apostolic Palace 1/4
Artemis 1/2
Broadway 1/3
Chichen Itza 1/2
Colossus 1/2
Cristo Redentor 1/2
Eiffel Tower 1/3
Globe Theatre 2/3
Great Dam 1/3
Great Library 1/2
Great Lighthouse 1/2
Great Palace 2/3
Great Wall 1/2
Hagia Sophia 1/2
Hanging Garden 1/2
Hermitage 2/3
Heroic Epic 2/3
Hollywood 1/3
Iron Works 1/2
Kremlin 1/3
Mausoleum Of Maussollos 1/2
Moai Statues 1/2
Mt Rushmore 1/2
National Epic 2/3
National Park 2/3
Notre Dame 1/2
Oracle 1/2
Oxford University 2/3
Palace 2/3
Parthenon 1/2
Pentagon 1/3
Pyramid 1/2
Red Cross 1/2
Rocknroll 1/3
Sankore 1/2
Shwedagon Paya 1/2
Sistine Chapel 1/2
Space Elevator 1/4
Spiral Minaret 1/2
Statue Of Liberty 1/3
Statue Of Zeus 1/2
Stonehenge 1/2
Taj Mahal 1/2
United Nations 1/4
Versailles 1/2
Wall Street 1/2
West Point 1/2

So, for example, if you try to whip out the Statue of Liberty on normal mode with a forge, you'd get FLOOR( 30*1.25*1/3 ) = 12 hammers per pop. Add on organized religion, however, and you'll get FLOOR( 30 * ( 1 + 0.25 + 0.25 ) * 1/3 ) = 15 hammers per pop.

Very nicely put together!

Lots of good information in there. With my interest piqued, I took a peek in the xml files to see what kind of information I could see. I could see that the iBuildUnitProb is the unit training modifier. Is there something like that for settling new cities? I've noticed that certain leaders are more likely to rex than others. The protective ones seem to be the most noticeable rex'ers. So are the leaderhead traits the determinant of the expansion likelihood or is there a modifier similar to iBuildUnitProb? My guess is that there isn't, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Just found this after signing up, this is great, just what i needed for a refresher since i've been away from the game for awhile. I'll def be sending a postcard for this... at some point...

It's in the CIV4BonusInfos.xml file. Look for the <bNoRiverSide> attribute. If it's 1, then the bonus can't be placed next to a river.

Okay, there are a couple of exceptions, I believe. Most map scripts place extra bonuses near the starting locations, to make for "fairer" stars. I think those extra bonuses ignore placement rules.

It's possible that some map scripts ignore the rules everywhere on the map, I'm not sure. But, if the map is following the XML file, it shouldn't allow (for example) copper next to a river.
I'm sure you're mistaken. There are many cases where I've found a riverside resource (particularly Horse) outside of my capital. :)

Great guide! Very detailed. :D

First of all, if this printer is no network-printer you cannot directly connect it to your router. So 2 possibilities:
1. it IS a network printer:
- either connect it directly with an ethernet-cable to your router or
- buy an AP (access-point) and configure it as "network-client", plug
the printer to it and get a wireless connection to your router.
- each computer must configure a new printer via "printer on the network"
2. it is NOT a network printer:
- connect it directly to one of your computers and export it.
- all other computers (in the same workgroup off course) may then be able
to access this printer.

In both situations you need the correct drivers for your printer on all computers.

Nit. An access point is to let you connect a non-network printer to your network.

Top Bottom