Performance ?

Lose

King
Does anyone know if game performance will be improved for late game? Kind of ridiculous waiting long times on those huge/standard maps...

Heres are my specs..

Operating System:
Windows 2.6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2)
CPU Type:
AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed:
2.53 GHz
System Memory:
8 GB
Video Card Model:
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Video Card Memory:
1.03 GB
Video Card Driver:
aticfx32.dll
Desktop Resolution:
1920x1080
Hard Disk Size:
931.51 GB
Hard Disk Free Space:
481.94 GB (52%)

I don't know, but I sure hope so. I also have an AMD Phenom quad core, and the performance is terrible in the late game even on standard maps. This came up once before and several other people who suffered really bad performance issues also had AMD processors. Could be an issue specifically with AMD or could just be coincidence? Hmm :confused:

Yeah I really hope that they improve the performance because with slow turns I really feel bored after the initial conquests, mid into the game. I usually don't even reach the industrial/modern age, quitting before it in frustration.

I have an Intel processor and the endgame takes forever on my machine also. That's why I play in windowed mode and do something else concurrently with the game (I actually get a lot done during those waiting times ;) ).

I had a similar problem; I found that, while it seemed to be solely a CPU processing related thing, reinstalling the GPU drivers was very helpful in terms of fixing the problem.

It seems that I had set some custom settings in there at some point and it was adversely affecting Civ V. It is worth a try at least; Nvidia has a "clean reinstall" option during their install process, with no need to uninstall the old drivers.

Worth a try.

The game does seem to have some pretty bad problems with turn processing though; I hope that they fix it in G&K. I should not need a 2500K processor in order to play a turn based strategy game with moderate speed. They have emphasised more threading coming to the expansion though; hopefully this will help.

I usually just hit F10 for strategy view and go afk while the game processes turns. I hope they really improve the turn processing.

Top Bottom