Personal changes to certain RoM buildings/wonders if anyone wants them

Cuteunit

Danse Macabre
Changed Pyramid, reduces anarchy length, increases golden age length, large Happiness bonus for Spi leaders only, free ceremonial altar in every city. Must be built in capitol.

Changed Marco Polo Embassy, centers map, adds trade routes and starts a golden age.

Because both those wonders were just too damn good with RoM's massively powerful latter game civic choices. Giving Corporatism and Global Trade to a bronze age culture is like giving lightsabers to the Huns. Game ruiner.

Changed Port, Commercial Port to affect water tiles simililarly to International Port, adding 1 coin and reducing 1 food. Harbor unchanged. Possible to deprive coast of all food generation. Reflects the overtaking of the water space by giant cargo ships and helps bring the absurd imbalance of RoM trade economy down. (seriously, earning 280 gold per turn at 100% research at the start of the industrial era on a Large map? You can't do that with cottages).

The Port of Los Angeles isn't one of the biggest ports in the US because LA is some kind of thriving fishing community or something.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9525

... I may have in fact uploaded the wrong file for this one. I was tired to the point of seeing stars.

Hold on.

ok, proper file up. Civfanatics took it.

I think your port changes are too severe. Taking out a fixed number of food would be effective, but not crippling. The commercial bonus could be reduces as well - one coin per tile is a lot.

About Marco Polo, remember who this wonder works in the CivII?

I think better all the other civ boost +5 in the relations, plus 100% trade.

It just means every pissant little city built on tundra cant be a 20 population megacity. If a city must rely on having workable coastline on 3 sides to support the population you want for it, then dont commercialize your waters and drive the fishermen out.

However, a city with plenty of land in its fat cross to make up for the food shortfall can be the port of los angeles just fine.

@Cuteunit

Hi, I like your modification, how I can use it with RoM v2.11?

Top Bottom