Personal Quriks

jlindy

Death From Below
What are your personal quirks when playing Civ? When I play as Rome it seems that for some reason I always keep at least one Praetorian in my cities as a ceremonial unit, and well Rome just wouldn't be Rome without the legion.:crazyeye:

I used to be that way with Civ III, but not really any more.

Now I feel strange when the technology is out of sync with the in-game dates. Tanks in the 1800s never feel right to me.

I keep the original Archer in my Capital for the entire game...:lol:

yea wenever i finally make a space shuttle in year 2100 it doesnt feel right. whenever i build a wonder in a year no where near when the real thing was built it feels odd.

Have the same quirk as rome: always defend witrh a pret.

other ones are

- roleplaying a game. as rome i build more coliseums cause rome had quite a few. as hammu i MUST have hanging gardens in babylon etc. ever since i upgraded to monarch this gets harder though.

- securing my landmass. even when perfect vassal-states are there, my continent is MY continent. ppl camping on small islands may live.

- keep the orginal warrior as well in capital.

I used to be that way with Civ III, but not really any more.

Now I feel strange when the technology is out of sync with the in-game dates. Tanks in the 1800s never feel right to me.

tanks in the 1800's, battleships in the 1800's... It was like THAT in Civ III too, and also Civ II hahaha.

Sid never promised historical accuracy :crazyeye:

I always upgrade everything, in every city - even those that never see combat. A waste of money, but I can't stand to see outdated units in my cities!

I like using the leader name " Crapticus The III "

In basically every game I play, I usually plan my wars to make my borders look better. :blush:

Like in "My empire isn't round enough, let's attack someone" ?

Being French, I have to build Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower in Paris and nowhere else whenever I can. I also rename Marseille, Reims and another incorrect city's name (can't remember which one right now). When playing Napoleon I feel compelled to attack and vassalize anyone on my landmass, especially Russia, even if we're friendly. I'd also like to find a way to rename marines "fusiliers marins" and mech inf "VAB" for the French without having to do it by hand for each unit, but I'm just too lazy to search how.

More generally, in the endgame I have to build every building in every city even if unneeded, and I run some 0% research turns to upgrade every unit. I also try to have the highest approval rate and life expectancy.

Like in "My empire isn't round enough, let's attack someone" ?

Kind of. Like, looking at the mini-map, I think to myself, my country would look cool if it included that island or that peninsula. And thus my country's course is charted. I start the Green Machine. :scan:

When playing as Germany I always make sure to bomb everybody by the time I'm in the industrial age

When playing as Rome, my first two Praets are renamed 'Titus Pullo' and 'Lucius Vorenus'.

Top Bottom