Pests Revisited

<iYields> does this tag have more than 3? Food, Hammer, Gold? I thought that sometimes it has up to 5; Food, hammer, Gold, research, and Espionage in this order. True or false?

I know iCommerceYields has more than 3 that can be used, I think.

JosEPh

iYield has 3: :food:, :hammers: and :commerce: in order.
iCommerce has 4: :gold:, :science:, :culture: and :espionage: in order.

So when you see 1 ; 0 ; 0 in a YieldChanges / iYield column in this table, it will appear in the xml as:
Code:
<YieldChanges>
	<iYield>1</iYield>
	<iYield>0</iYield>
	<iYield>0</iYield>
</YieldChanges>

and it will add +1 to :food:.

If you want to change it to +1% :food:, just transfert the content of that cell in the YieldModifiers / iYield instead and it'll appear as:
Code:
<YieldModifiers>
	<iYield>1</iYield>
	<iYield>0</iYield>
	<iYield>0</iYield>
</YieldModifiers>

For example the red arrow changes -1:food: to -1%:food: in the 4th entry (Cockroaches):

Just keeping simple things like this straight can save a heap of editing. Thank you again.

JosEPh

Version 1.1 submitted in OP along with revised Table.

@Rwn,
Don't you have the :gold: and :commerce: swapped for iYield and iCommerce?

List of changes for this version:
Bedbugs give 2 Disease now instead of 1 and have been moved from Cave_Dwelling to Sedentary_Lifestyle
Cockroaches give +1 :yuck:
Crows Disease reduced from 5 to 2 ( I struggle with Crows giving any Disease as I do with Sea Gulls)
Lice +1 :yuck:
Locusts now give -1 :hammers: and -1 :gold:
Mosquitoes now give +1 :yuck:
Moths now give -1 :food:
Raccoons now give -1 :hammers:
Rats Now give: +2 :mad:, +1 :yuck:, -1 :hammers:, -1 :gold:
Termites now give -1 :gold:
Ticks now give +1 :yuck:
Wasps now give +1 :yuck:

I hope I got the Table right in the OP with these changes.

I have a couple more changes I'm thinking about but have not added yet.

My biggest concern is this, are there enough counters at each city pop level to counter the added :yuck:. I know many of the Deity players Want more :yuck: but my concern is for the Average player's ability to have sufficient :health: giving buildings, etc. to counter for balance.

Can anyone answer this question: Do Pests show up on the Tech tree as an Icon for the Tech that triggers them? IDK if that is the case, I hope not anyway, as I have no idea how to change it if so.

Any feed back is of course Welcome.

JosEPh :)

Joe, what the heck, you FINALLY made a modmod, my goodness did the world come to an end? :p

Bravo Bravo, nicely done so far . .;) . . . SO

If you had seen the skies over my house last night you would think so! One heck of a lightning display for Hours!

And Thanks. :)

JosEPh

Only 2 D/l's on the v1.1 so far. :( (I know patience grasshopper ;) )

JosEPh

Only 2 D/l's on the v1.1 so far. :( (I know patience grasshopper ;) )

JosEPh

That's the problem with mod mods :( It's too much work for most of the lazy people, whereas changes in the SVN will affect much more people and they are more likely to respond (especially when they don't like it :goodjob:)

That's the problem with mod mods :( It's too much work for most of the lazy people, whereas changes in the SVN will affect much more people and they are more likely to respond (especially when they don't like it :goodjob:)

This makes me wonder, if I would put the revised SpecialBuildings file into a Folder Named Pests and placed the folder in DH's My_Mods in the Modules folder if that would not be easier for those that want to try it. And would it eliminate the need to re-install the Modmod for every SVN of Official version update? I might have to PM DH over this. Cause if it worked that would be So Much more simple.

Have gotten 4 D/Ls now. :)

JosEPh

This makes me wonder, if I would put the revised SpecialBuildings file into a Folder Named Pests and placed the folder in DH's My_Mods in the Modules folder if that would not be easier for those that want to try it. And would it eliminate the need to re-install the Modmod for every SVN of Official version update? I might have to PM DH over this. Cause if it worked that would be So Much more simple.

Yes, that would probably work (if you have the bForceOverwrite tag).

Regarding the small number of D/L, well, you usually want to try modmods when you start a new game, not in the middle of one, and given how long a game of C2C can be, it's not an everyday event ;) And the most active users around here probably don't have that much time to play...

I don't believe you need the forceoverride stuff, as long as the My_mods folder is placed near the bottom of the MLF?? But DH would know better. . .

You need it if there are tags that were removed or now have a default value (such as Gophers). Not using it may also apply a second time the effect for multi-tags (probably the case for properties, but I haven't checked).

1. The My_Mods and My_Mods (unloaded) folders are there for people to put these mods in. I would prefer if they went in the unloaded one on the SVN so people would need to copy them over into the My_Mods folder when they are updated, mostly so people know that they are using modmods.

2. You only need to put in the XML the bits that you are changing so your mod mod XML file may end up with less that 10 lines of XML.

Except in the case where you are changing a tag value back to its default value. In that case only you need to put a complete copy of that object in the XML with the force over write tag on.

OR when you are replacing elements of a list eg list of required buildings or bonuses

I played a game with this mod and the disease one and like it, the more spread out effects prevents cities repeatably hitting 6 population and dropping back to 5 a few rounds later.

I played a game with this mod and the disease one and like it, the more spread out effects prevents cities repeatably hitting 6 population and dropping back to 5 a few rounds later.

Nice to hear that other players wanted that cycle reduced too. Thank you sunrisereader.

JosEPh :)

I have never seen this. It could be because I always build a storage pit and other buildings that keep a goodly amount of food after your population goes up.

I do build storage pit and other food storage bldgs and I've seen it. A lot depends upon the terrain the city is surrounded by. But if you've run out of Happy giving buildings when this hits and the whole city turns :mad: you can run into a period of starvation till you get the happy back under control. Pop 6 city not only got 9 Diseases but also 9 Unhappy at the same time, a double whammy. And not too many ppl play like you DH were their empire is in a constant state of Golden Age.

JosEPh

...And not too many ppl play like you DH were their empire is in a constant state of Golden Age.

JosEPh

I rarely have golden ages. I make sure I get the fire one when I have built my 5th or 6th city. That should get me through to the tech that allows a state religion. Then I get my next golden age, with a Great Hunter, when I can change to despotism which takes me most of the way to Monarchy. Although with the latest changes I am usually 5 techs off Monarchy when my second golden age runs out these days. This means a 7 turn wait for the conversion to Monarchy or using 2 GP to make a another golden age. It depends on my rev index which way I go.

I rarely have golden ages. I make sure I get the fire one when I have built my 5th or 6th city. That should get me through to the tech that allows a state religion. Then I get my next golden age, with a Great Hunter, when I can change to despotism which takes me most of the way to Monarchy. Although with the latest changes I am usually 5 techs off Monarchy when my second golden age runs out these days. This means a 7 turn wait for the conversion to Monarchy or using 2 GP to make a another golden age. It depends on my rev index which way I go.

You used to post that you would have continuous GAs in the games you played for sometime. Now you don't? Or did this change when someone made GA's "less beneficial" than they used to be a few years/version ago?

Edit: 10 D/Ls now. :crazyeye:
JosEPh

Top Bottom