Pests Revisited

12 D/L's for v1.1. It's summer so.... things are slow now.

JosEPh

I made a modmod that generated a great deal of discussion even though no one downloaded it to try out, so don't worry, you are doing better than I.:)

I made a modmod that generated a great deal of discussion even though no one downloaded it to try out, so don't worry, you are doing better than I.:)

Really! Is it in this sub forum?

JosEPh

Thank you Snofru1. :)

JosEPh

I assume this pest rewrite is in the current SVN? If so grats!

I posted this on bugs but might as well let you know explicitly, the two buildings, of which one one of the two are needed in order to be able to build the Falconry School (for dealing with pigeons), the Hawking Hut and Falconer, obsolesce at telegraph.

Easiest way of fixing this if not intended is simply remove the obsolescence from at least the falconer.

Cheers!
-Liq

I assume this pest rewrite is in the current SVN? If so grats!

I posted this on bugs but might as well let you know explicitly, the two buildings, of which one one of the two are needed in order to be able to build the Falconry School (for dealing with pigeons), the Hawking Hut and Falconer, obsolesce at telegraph.

Easiest way of fixing this if not intended is simply remove the obsolescence from at least the falconer.

Cheers!
-Liq

No this isn't in the SVN. IF enough players start using this modmod and then telling the Modding Team they want it, it may then get put in.

As for the Hawking and Falconer situation you have made Dancing Hoskuld aware of the problem and he is the Acting Head of the Team now.

JosEPh :)

@Joe, this project is very well thought out I think. With DH's consent I would love to add you to the team roster and have you update the main SVN with this one. The disease one really only has the one complaint I mentioned and the work you're doing with crime seems good too. I don't personally feel these are highly contentious areas I need to playtest before I can judge - the math and thinking justifies it enough in most cases. It will get thoroughly playtested thereafter.

DH? Hydro - if you have any strong objection you're voice still matters but I'd ask you to try the modmod a little before flat refusing. Joe - he's the one I feel would be concerned - I just don't want him to feel like we're all like now that he's not as active we can trash his work - not that I feel its TRASHING it but it at least warrants bringing up that we're looking to make a few tweaks. SO? Any opinions?

Anyone else?

If the other Team members and StrategyOnly give their consent I'd welcome it.

We shall see, shall we not? :)

JosEPh

Go for it! I'm surprised you don't already have SVN access.

I also vote for it. Just don't change everything around because "you don't like it" without discussion :mischief:

You will find that as a member of a modding team I don't indiscriminately do "hack" jobs. And I always discuss (to some's dismay). Ask 45* of the AND Team about my behaviour, while I was a member of it. But I do get defensive when a change has been discussed, agreed upon, and implemented and then someone else on the team steps in and makes wholesale changes without new discussions. That does tend to tick me off a bit.

And that is why I'd want more modmod play test from more players before "adjusting" a previous Modder's work in the SVN, like these 3 I've started. They are after all Hydro's work, and it was and still is a known fact that we disagreed on a lot of things. He used to call me Mr. No No! :mischief: So I called myself the Black Sheep of C2C. T-brd has seen that reference in our US MP game as I'm Pacal of the Black Sheep Mayan Tribe. ;):D

JosEPh

15 D/Ls and no response from Hydro. <shrug>

JosEPh

JosEPh

Do not despair - it is only about 4 weeks since your original post. :)

I like the changes you have made.

JosEPh

Sorry I am leaving all decisions about my contributions to Thunderbird. He will be the caretaker of them from now on (unless I return to C2C modding).

I did read through this and the Crime thread and think you guys have some cool ideas.

Good luck you guys and make C2C the best mod it can be! :goodjob:

My personal feeling on this subject is that the changes are solid. There's also the question about getting Joe on the team to get them updated. I'm all for it!

If anyone is loyal to this mod, it would definitely be Joe. He also knows all the rules of conduct as he has observed almost every step the other modders have made since the beginning.

I see no problem in knighting him C2C team member.

Going over this modmod file again checking for errors. And hopefully with rest of teams consent will be adding to svn.

JosEPh

Top Bottom