Petition for Civilization V

Buddy3101

Warlord
Hi,

On the Page http://www.firaxis.com/community/asksid.php

Sid has responded to the question:

Question: I've been a huge fan of the Civilization series since a very young age and I've also always been a computer gamer at heart. The recent addition to the Civ series on the Xbox 360 and PS3 is a nice thing to see, but will the PC line of civ be continuing?

Sid: We have a very large and loyal Civ PC community and have always said that we’ll keep delivering new Civ games to the community if they keep asking for them. So all you Civ PC fans out there need to make some noise!

I think it is time to make some noise :D

Some noise for a new Civilization. Civilization 5 with new features, cool new graphics, and new impressions:

Everybody who wants to get programmed a new Version of Civilization for PC, should surscribe here.

I have send the Link of this petition to AskSid, so that he can see how much of us are interested in Civilization 5. ;)

Suggestions for Civilization 5 can be done here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=318136&page=2

Well I start with my signature:

Buddy3101

Hi,

On the Page http://www.firaxis.com/community/asksid.php

Sid has responded to the question:

I think it is time to make some noise :D

Some noise for a new Civilization. Civilization 5 with new features, cool new graphics, and new impressions:

Everybody who wants to get programmed a new Version of Civilization for PC, should surscribe here.

I have send the Link of this pedition to AskSid, so that he can see how much of us are interested in Civilization 5. ;)

Suggestions for Civilization 5 can be done here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=318136&page=2

Well I start with my signature:

Buddy3101

You mean Civ V has been partly delayed because the fans haven't insisted enough for it!!!???

In that case, we need some MEGAPHONES!!!!! (I'll put my sig to match this petition ASAP).

It was a stupid answer. As if the civ community didn't want a civ 5 and he didn't know it?

because of this i have made the pedition, so everybody will know that the Comunity wants to get Civ5 :D

I have written to AskSid that i have made a pedition here. So it is important that we will get many signatures. And perhaps we will get an answer when civ5 will be released :)

because of this i have made the pedition, so everybody will know that the Comunity wants to get Civ5 :D

I have written to AskSid that i have made a pedition here. So it is important that we will get many signatures. And perhaps we will get an answer when civ5 will be released :)
I would think that Civ V would have a bigger delay when compared to the transition between Civ III to IV due to some reasons:

-Global economic recession.
-Civ Revolution was released not-so-long ago.
-Civ V may have more dramatic improvements when compared to those made by Civ IV, which would take more time to test & implement.
-Civ IV will last for a good time due to being much easier to mod than its predecessors.

I'll put my name to it for the record, but I'm pretty sure they know that we want a Civ 5. And suggestions can be made all throughout the Civ Ideas & Suggestions sub-forum, not just in that thread. :)

If you're jonesing for an expansion to the Civilization series, you should really check out the modpacks forum. CivIV has some increadible mods available. Civ5 can wait a bit longer. They will make it, this I'm sure of. But CivIV is an increadibly rich game, and with the mods already available, it's life isn't over yet.

Civ4 vanilla was good but only became excellent with all the expansions and patches. If there is to be a Civ5, Firaxis should make sure it is at least as good as the current version of Civ4 and as bug-free as possible instead of rushing it early due to petitions from fans. It's no fun playing a buggy game and waiting years for the patches to fix everything.

If Buddy is German, I'd say his spelling is better than many of our American bloggers.

If I'd have to guess, I'd guess Firaxis might wait for the next PC cycle; Memories in the 4-8gb range and the next higher game card.

BTS ubber alles!

first of all sorry for the spelling errors. Of course I mean petition.
Its right I'm from Germany and I only can speak a little bit school-English :p

Why the Petition?:

Surely we want a mature game. But I guess there haven`t been released any games without bugs. I remember the time when Civ4 was released almost 4 years ago...
(10/26/2005 in germany)

It'll take some time until Civ5 will work like a Civ4. But no matter when they start to program Civ 5 it will never get out bug-free. So I think why shouldn't they start with the programm with some of the really cool impressions from this forum :confused:

And... until the game is ready we have Civ 4 "and" the Mods.... ;)

But when I read some posts here I don't know if the most of us want to get a Civ5 now and so I've created a Poll....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=324151

Where do you add your name? ;)

Good question. Thinking about, it would be the best, they start programming Civ 5 now , and release an almost perfect Civ 5 in maybe one or two years. :)

want to buy civ 5 tomorrow.....no wait thats a lie, want to buy it today :D

Top Bottom