Pile of Cobblers, an English EU3 AAR

We should have a Brave Heart moment, all the Irish and Scottish rushing at each other, then stopping and both going at the english, of course we'll have our cavalry.

Please note that those royalists in Egypt had access to some soldiers from the 1940's a.d., I managed to get an image of it on a soul capturing device if you wish to see it.

After Swein's defeat, he decided to flee to Scotland to meet up with General Kan. Swein's new plan was to burn down London.

that would be a mighty impressive feat.

and thankfully one I allready have a map for should it happen.

So, Swein flees Egypt, leaving his men behind to be hung for treasion?

All righty then, I order my troops to march on Giza and round up as many of the rebels as they can. Any leaders or other more-important-than-the-regulars left shall be put on trial. The rest shall be sent to various penal colonies, if they have a wife and family it is up to them to inform us about them so we may send them to him.

The same goes for the navy, with all the officers being tried.

Any of the rank and file of rebel the army and navy who repent their part in the rebellion, and are deemed honest, shall go home (but only tell them that afterwards, don't want everyone rushing in for that).

A very brief skirmish in Mexico had just ended, and the 52th Infantry Division (my army) was having a well owned rest.

Suddenly, a messenger on horseback raced in with news from the Isles. I read it, aghast, finding out about Scotland's rebellion. Many of my men were Scots, and were loyal to the king!

I made my plans, and sent a letter to the king, asking to be moved to Northumberland, so as to mount the 2nd Invasion of Scotland.

*sigh* I got tired sitting in prison -_-

So, Swein flees Egypt, leaving his men behind to be hung for treasion?

All righty then, I order my troops to march on Giza and round up as many of the rebels as they can. Any leaders or other more-important-than-the-regulars left shall be put on trial. The rest shall be sent to various penal colonies, if they have a wife and family it is up to them to inform us about them so we may send them to him.

Any of the rank and file of rebel the army and navy who repent their part in the rebellion, and are deemed honest, shall go home (but only tell them that afterwards, don't want everyone rushing in for that).

Make that Swein left WITH HIS ARMY. I forgot to put that in the original post, but I meant to put that in.

i'm sure the fort is still manned and there are those stockades with men....

The republican Navy has never been stronger!

BTW, are there carracks or caravels in Rise of Nations?

BTW, are there carracks or caravels in Rise of Nations?
I think carracks, but i'm not sure, and plus some UUs are naval.

March 6, 1622
Later that day

As Republican General Swein advanced to the rear after the unsuccessful attack at the town near Cairo, I sent a small fleet out to secure the Nile River.

The Republican fleet encountered a Royalist fleet patroling the Nile Delta and engaged it.

In a courageous move, the republican captains outmanouvered the Royalists and encircled them.

Soon it was down to one ship on each side.

A lucky shot by the republican gunners had hit the royalist ship's ammunition hold, thus sinking the vessel.

Although the republican ship was still afloat, it could not secure the Nile by itself and returned to port for repairs and reinforcements.

(Key)
Blue:Republicans
Red:Royalists

Note:I used Man o' Wars in RoN b/c the carrack in the game actually shot arrows not guns.:)

he never said he took part in those events.

March 12, 1622

The Royalist army in Africa decided to push its advantage, after discovering that the Republicans instead of regrouping would be leaving Africa all together the Governor decided that they should attack quickly in hopes of totally destroying the enemy forces before they could leave

the Republican forces didn't stand much of a chance, the royalists appeared while the ships to take them back to Scotland were still anchoring, General Swein was able to get onto one of the ships and escape. the Royalist cannons sunk 3 of the rescuing 6 ships and as a result only 4000 of the remaining African republican forces got back to Scotland, how the President of the Republic will react to Swein's retreat has yet to be seen

What kind of Flag was that?

Top Bottom