Pink Screen When Starting Up Civ 5,Urgently Need Help!!

Logik

Modder,Skyrim,ETW,MTW 2

Hello i am having some very serious problems with this game of late.

Okay i updated my graphics drivers to the latest one i use a ATI Radeon 5770 1GB graphics card never had any issues with any game i ever played before this one.

Now every time i start up Civ5 my screen goes pink and i get a msg at the bottom of my desktop saying windows is having incompatibility issues and will revert to windows 7 basic.

Now i Run windows 7 home premium as my OS and read around the web that disabling Windows Aero will fix this issue well i have done just that and still the problem persists.And what makes even worse is that i have to restart my pc every time in order for my screen to revert back to normal.

This is very perplexing and frustrating to say the least.It hasn't done this in DX 9 mode yet i am about to test it again to be sure but with DX 11 it does it 3 out of 4 times i try to load the game.Can someone please lend me some assistance and expertise in resolving this issue i will be very grateful.Thank You

Regards Logik...

Edit: I have uploaded my Dxdiag in case anyone needs to have a look.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 89
Help Anyone Please!

The basic thing to do in such a situation is to validate the integrity of the game files: In Steam, go to library -> games -> civ5 -> properties -> check integrity of the game files.

Else i sadly don't have any idea in this case.

You might well have stuffed up your driver install...

Driver Date/Size: 9/18/2009 21:50:36, 4648960 bytes

...taken from your DXDiag.

That needs to be sorted.

The latest ATI drivers are out and are 11.8's - meaning August 2011.

I have a similar problem occasionally but it's not my pc that does it. Once in a while, when I change screen resolutions usually, my screen goes pink. Somehow, my pc detects my tv and it's actually my tv that's pink, not my gfx output. Try changing the channel on your tv (if you are hooked to one). If not, try running the game and make sure that your resolution is the same as your monitor. If it's only happening with Direct X 11 then make sure your DX files are up-to-date and not corrupted as well.

Top Bottom