PitBoss Game Replacement needed!

I could send that map to a map maker for the basic outline of the ideas behind the map, and some of the logic for resource placements. The theory isn't hard, the problem is it's time consuming.

Really, though I'd love to play on that sort of map...it might be difficult to balance for more than 9 players (we are already up to 6).

well, now, more than a day later, we are still at 6 players.

Can't imagine the general wants in - he's really busy.

I'm up for any sort of map - I figure I'll make enough mistakes, anyway ;)

So is Pitboss similar to the apolyton game where you have 24 hrs (or whateveR) to make your moves, rather than a consecutive type game where you keep emailing the save around?

it'll be like this game ;) Except it will move a bit faster.

We'll probably have some times where everyone is on and we'll do a bunch of turns at once.

We have:

azzaman333
memphus
Krill
AT
Ronnie1
Dreylin

maybe regoarrarr?

For this many, I think we want a standard sized map, no? Balanced - Krill, do you have a mapmaker in mind?
What other

I was thinking that we could, first of all, hammer out an agreement of what we wanted here.

Ie pangaea/continents/archipelago type map

then a subtype of what we want, ie donut type map, inland sea, blob

If we want it be be exactly balanced (ie all starts are identical).

Personally...I'd prefer something along the lines of a donut map used as a basis, and then have it heavily modified and balanced by the map maker so all starts are equal, and there are island chains and/or new continents reachable by galley. Yes, that is pretty much what I designed for the last game, but I think it warrants another, larger, game to test it out (frankly because it offers everything anyone has ever asked for in a map IMO).

What should be noted, is that there is a hell of alot that can be changed on such a map to make the game very different (ie start locations, are the coastal or not, size of island chains, resource balancing, overall shape of the donut...). It should be quite a versatile map that can be very balanced, but at the same time unpredictable, especially if Vassal states are off and toroidal wrapping is on.

Cool, the more the merrier :b: It's simul turns, so the only real organizational effect of increasing the number of players is that it becomes less likely to get a session p[layed in a few hours in the earlly game to speed it along.

Oh yes - the last one was simul turns, not consecutive.

As far as balanced:

Everyone should similar access to strategic materials. I dunno that we need to start on ivory like we did, though it made for a nice bonus ;)

I think coastal makes sense, with clams or crabs, plus rice on a river or corn not on a river, which would tend to balance choices of civs with agri or fishing. civs who have mining can research agri ok.

Wait someone said simultaneous turns and someone said it would be like this game (which is consecutive, right)?

I see the confusion here. The previous SANCTA pitboss game is/was simultaneous turns (a la the Poly demogame), however the larger demogame itself is sequential turns.

Yes that was indeed my confusion. So this game will be like the previous intra-SANCTA game, and like the Apolyton demogame, and not like the current game that we are in (with Mad Scientists, and Kaz and Cav, etc)

I'd like to play, but I worry about not being able to keep up with it. Anyone want to persuade me? :lol:

I'd like to play, but I worry about not being able to keep up with it. Anyone want to persuade me? :lol:

You can set build queue and queue worker actions.

only time it gets in trouble is war. but then get a sitter. someoen to jump in for you and look around!

Top Bottom