Pitboss host

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
It may be common knowledge to some, but there may be new players who are not aware of the current plan for hosting the pitboss itself.

As in the last MTDG, I have offered to host the game. I am playing the game, on Team Sirius, just as I played in the last game on Mad Scientists. It's only fair to disclose for those who aren't familiar with how pitboss itself works, the host must have the admin password -- in fact sets the admin pw when launching the game for the first time.

I hope it's obvious that I'm trustworthy based on my reputation as an honest gamer and my position as a mod. But that's for you to judge.

If anyone has a problem with me being the host, you can post here, send me a PM, or contact one of the game admins or other mods if you'd like to remain anonymous. I don't want to force myself as the host on anyone, and would be happy to address any concerns either privately or publicly.

Perhaps I'm biased being on Sirius too, but I don't see any problem with Dave hosting. I should note that I was on a different team to Dave in the last game, and also didn't have a problem with it then. He's proven himself to be a reliable and trustworthy player over the years, and I don't believe that he would even think of abusing his position as host in any way.

Anyway, I believe there are probably ways for a determined enough player to hack into other teams, regardless of whether they're hosting the game or not, so we should just trust that Dave - like everyone else - plays fairly. It's all we can really do. :)

I think Dave has the hardware and dedication to support it as shown in the warm-up pitboss game.
Besides, if it were ever proven that he was abusing his power, he would be lynched. j/k ;D

I'm cool with it of course. Just to double check though- if your team was eliminated from the game Dave and you decided not to join another team would you continue to host or would it be at this point we should search for someone else?

Whatever :rolleyes: Dave is the host! That's all there is to it. If you don't like it then too bad. Don't even waste your time trying to come up with a reason that Dave should'nt host because there is none. It's hard enough to get a pitboss host in general, let alone one who is a trusted experienced Moderator. This should not even be up for discussion.:p

Thats it. Its set in stone... Pharoh has spoken... So let it be written... so let it be done:egypt: (This post was in no way directed at BCLG100, nor do I claim to be Pharoh or any other authority figure for that matter. I do think it was very gracious of DaveShack to host and to offer to hear objections to him being host.)

I don't mind DS hosting at all. ;)

I'm cool with it of course. Just to double check though- if your team was eliminated from the game Dave and you decided not to join another team would you continue to host or would it be at this point we should search for someone else?

I seem to recall you eliminating DaveShack, and he kept hosting until the end. :goodjob:

I seem to recall you eliminating DaveShack, and he kept hosting until the end. :goodjob:

Yep i got into a habit of knocking hosts out of the game at one point. I did feel the worst about Dave though! Was just double checking he would be ok to carry on hosting, i did assume he would not mind but felt that others would perhaps not know that history :)

Top Bottom