Planetfall

I noticed the other day that in the datalinks some of the person profiles particularly for the alien crossfire expansion are just copy's of Lal's the picture and bonus list (for lack of a better term) are correct though

also I don't know the status of the Alien factions whatever they are called, where are they?

So, I DL'd the SMAC sounds and movies. I installed the sounds with no problem. But when I went to install the movies, guess what? No movie file. So I created one and threw everything in there. Did I muck everything up or is that the right response. It sounds like a noob question...I am REALLY new to modding.

:cry:

Hello guys, I have just upgraded my machine and my OS to Seven. I reloaded Civ IV, and the latest BTS version and then the latest Planetfall, L. I am now getting weird XML error messages. I appear to be able to play basic Civ IV games. Anyone else had XML language error problems after a Seven upgrade? I should be interested to know.

Live long and prosper.

actually, yeah. Not with this one though. I am only having issues with NWA. I tried reloading the mod. It works sometimes.

Miriam gains a combat-bonus for different religion:
When we bove have no religion, then she still gets the bonus?
(philosophical issue if none is the same as none...)

Does the bonus for defending cities/bases also counts for bunkers and against psi-units?

The hidden-native-unit-advancement: I made the experience that hidden enemy-units can stand on the same field as me, so it is impossible for me to attack them, but when the units moved to a neighbor field (also Xenofungus) I could see and attack them, I had not the technology to see hidden units, is that normal and how does I know if anyone could see my hidden units or not? Can native units see other native units?

After my experience all standard units have very poor defense against psi (when I attack with Psi-Worms the chance to win is normaly 98-99 %), are there any good strategys to defend massive psi-attacks?

Kind regards,

Limboldt

Miriam gains a combat-bonus for different religion:
When we bove have no religion, then she still gets the bonus?
(philosophical issue if none is the same as none...)

You need to have a religion to get the combat bonus.

Does the bonus for defending cities/bases also counts for bunkers and against psi-units?

Yes.

The hidden-native-unit-advancement: I made the experience that hidden enemy-units can stand on the same field as me, so it is impossible for me to attack them, but when the units moved to a neighbor field (also Xenofungus) I could see and attack them, I had not the technology to see hidden units, is that normal and how does I know if anyone could see my hidden units or not? Can native units see other native units?

I should probably see it in-game to understand what you're talking about.

After my experience all standard units have very poor defense against psi (when I attack with Psi-Worms the chance to win is normaly 98-99 %), are there any good strategys to defend massive psi-attacks?

1) The best defense is a good offense.
2) Bunkers.

Just finished my first playthrough. Very fun, feels mostly like Alpha Centauri (which I haven't played in years) A couple points:

What limbolt is talking about: A hiddle Native unit can walk onto the same tile you have units on and kill your workers, but moving off the occupied square and back on will allow you to attack them, whether you have the technology to detect them or not. Is this intended?

AIs seem to never build wonders on Noble difficulty.

Random-number-generator seems off - one-in-a-thousand events seem to happen several times an hour. I haven't played Civ 4 in a year or two, so I'm not sure if this is a Planetfall problem, a Civ 4 problem, or my imagination, or a coincidence.

The "sound not found" ding plays when religion spreads.

Tips are blank or gobeldygook for many technologies.

The map doesn't quite scream "Terrifying" like the old Alpha Centauri did.

It is very difficult to fight oceanic native life, especially defensively.

Had huge fun; I assumed you were looking for negative feedback more than positive.

What limbolt is talking about: A hiddle Native unit can walk onto the same tile you have units on and kill your workers, but moving off the occupied square and back on will allow you to attack them, whether you have the technology to detect them or not. Is this intended?

I have never encountered this myself, so I should see a save to investigate the circumstances. Does the native unit also have the Psychic Terror promotion by the way?

AIs seem to never build wonders on Noble difficulty.

They most certainly do in my games. Perhaps you're ahead too far and build them all yourself?

Random-number-generator seems off - one-in-a-thousand events seem to happen several times an hour. I haven't played Civ 4 in a year or two, so I'm not sure if this is a Planetfall problem, a Civ 4 problem, or my imagination, or a coincidence.

If you're talking about random events, Planetfall doesn't have events. :confused:
If you're talking about combat, I'm quite certain it's your imagination.

The "sound not found" ding plays when religion spreads.

What is the "sound not found" ding? :confused: Works fine for me.

Tips are blank or gobeldygook for many technologies.

Feel free to write them. :D

The map doesn't quite scream "Terrifying" like the old Alpha Centauri did.

That's a very subjective opinion of course, with possibly lots of nostalgy involved, which can be inaccurate.

It is very difficult to fight oceanic native life, especially defensively.

Coastal bunkers are your best friend. Or even better avoid fungal blooms.

I have never encountered this myself, so I should see a save to investigate the circumstances. Does the native unit also have the Psychic Terror promotion by the way

I'm not sure.
They most certainly do in my games. Perhaps you're ahead too far and build them all yourself?

That's possible, but they definately had chances to build a few and didn't take them.

If you're talking about random events, Planetfall doesn't have events. :confused:
If you're talking about combat, I'm quite certain it's your imagination.

I mean combat and you're probably right.

:spear:

What is the "sound not found" ding? :confused: Works fine for me.

The sound that plays when you research a technology and don't have the voice-over installed.
Feel free to write them. :D

:hammer2:

That's a very subjective opinion of course, with possibly lots of nostalgy involved, which can be inaccurate.

If you say so.

Coastal bunkers are your best friend. Or even better avoid fungal blooms.

Alright.

Patch 13m for Planetfall, the Alpha Centauri total conversion mod for Civ4 BtS, has been released. This patch needs to be applied on top of the main v13 file of Planetfall. Patch m does not break games started under the previous patch l. It does break older games.

This patch mostly contains bug fixes and AI tweaks. In addition the following has been done:

1. Various buttons by Lord Tirian added.
2. One of the Angels traits changed: Mobile hideouts: when an Angel base is captured, all its buildings are transferred to another Angel base.

"The file you have selected (Planetfall_v13m_Patch.exe) is not available via any mirrors."

Millions of People are downloading the new release ;) ?

So dumb question, maybe? Why does the Leviatan look like a unity rover in the civilopedia? Does that mean when I build one in the game that it looks like a unity rover?

Yes it does :) I don't know, but i assume its just a temporary graphic. Since leviathans come so late in the game I would assume theyre not top of the priorities list :)

Nothing is at download site works at first, all it says is:( "The file you have selected (Planetfall_v13m_Patch.exe) is not available via any mirrors." then "Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes." on the third try it worked? What is up with that?:confused:

Are you aware of the Firaxians? (scroll down to 4.2.8). There are two leaders for it: Sid Meier, and Brian Reynolds. I honestly think this should be added to the mod at some point, if at all possible. I don't have any of the stats, but they can probably found by anyone with SMAX.

Are you aware of the Firaxians? (scroll down to 4.2.8). There are two leaders for it: Sid Meier, and Brian Reynolds. I honestly think this should be added to the mod at some point, if at all possible. I don't have any of the stats, but they can probably found by anyone with SMAX.
Thing is: They're essentially a joke/easter egg faction, not one truly part of SMAC and the storyline - they even start with one of the late game techs and are deliberately overpowered.

Considering that Planetfall uses custom traits and abilities for each faction, designing and testing stuff for, well, a joke is a bit of a waste of effort, in my opinion (especially considering how long it took Maniac to get the factions to the point where they are and giving each of them distinct niches)...

Might make a fun modmod, though! (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) ;)

Cheers, LT.

Top Bottom