Plans for my epic C2C Let's Play

(sigh), another perfectworld2f LP...ah well, better than none. Fair enough.

Just remember to check the "minimize AI turn times" in the BUG, okay? Seeing as how you are really concerned about turn times.

REV is off, eh? Should be interesting...

20 on huge? It's a bit much, but I suppose it should be fine.

Looking forward to seeing ep. 1.

Yay! That's my favorite type of map.
(sigh), another perfectworld2f LP...ah well, better than none. Fair enough.

Just remember to check the "minimize AI turn times" in the BUG, okay? Seeing as how you are really concerned about turn times.
Yes sorry I couldn't impress everyone... But still I want to know what the minimize ai turn time does? In what way does it minimize the turns? How is this achieved?

Also I am barely concerned about turn times since they are cut out anyway. I'm just a little worried about waiting 1 minute in between turn times by the late medieval age and early modern age since it will mean that I won't be able to upload episodes as quickly... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it lol ;)

Yes sorry I couldn't impress everyone... But still I want to know what the minimize ai turn time does? In what way does it minimize the turns? How is this achieved?
Without it the AI code is not executed all at once but split over time slices which means in between graphics code can execute. When you activate it, the code is executed in one time slice so the engine does not run any graphics or sound in that time. That seriously reduces the time for the AI turn at the cost of no animations or graphics.

From what I understand, the option simply allows for a more efficient handling of the AI's...uh...intelligence. I don't know very much about the details, but there are no downsides. It still gives the AI all of what they are due, yet it makes the turns go faster.

I don't know much about it, sorry, other than that it works.

Are you going to put on terrain damage? Make sure you go through the BUG options and see what you like and don't like.

Edit: Haha, and someone infinitely more knowledgeable on the subject beats me to it. What he said.^

Ok just an update to how the lets play is going ;)

Basically I have completed filming and editing the first episode. The episode itself is an hour and 16 minutes which is a little more than I intended but hey... The smoothly cut out turns times reduced it down from an hour and 20 minutes. This may not seem like much but remember its only the beginning of the game and since I did a lot of explanation in everything I did (the lets play could be a tutorial for those who have never even played civ before) this first episode only got 29 turns done (the first 14 minutes was explaining the mod and the settings I chose).

The following episodes will have many more turns and thus be much shorter than the original filming time due to heaps of ai turn time edited out. You will see just how well/smoothly it's edited out when you watch the video. It cuts out static screen time during ai turn moves. In other words when the slightest enermy moves are displayed during ai turn time you will not miss it but at the same time turns will be instant. You gotta see it to see how awesome it is lol :)

Anyway although I've filmed and edited the first epsiode you are not going to be able to see it yet. I've got to upload it, write a major forum post here to store all the episodes and choose youtube tags and a video description. Anyway a forum post with the first episode (and eventually future episodes) will be up within 45 hours but no sooner than 20 hours.

Just remember... Those who already know how to play may find the first episode a little boring because I am explaining stuff you already know but I do poke fun of the uncorrectable mistakes in this mod a lot especially when I meet my first rival civ (the Egyptians). Lol they do some funny stuff and really do act like a tribe at some points yet not so much at other times lol... You just gotta see the video ;)

P.S if you're gunna watch the series on ipad it works really well due to the exact 720p resolution I choose for it mainly to keep file size down. Btw... 78 gig uncompressed with fraps Then I converted to mp4 with handbreak and its only 400 meg with no quality loss... Now that's good compression lol ;)

Top Bottom