Plans for the new version

I think we are getting to that stage. i have no problems with it crashing and it apears stable. tried dales mod and it is cool. only problem is i would like some graphics fixed or updated (knights mainly used lance, not sword. GET IT RIGHT FIRAXIS!!!!) but yes, in my humble opinion i think we are ready.

stay in vannila unless in bts there is something that will make this mod completly awsome. but not immediatly because vannila still needs some work. btw, does bts have vassals?

I have a problem with trying to add diplo music. in the xml files in sounddefines (i think) and added diplo music for arabia. in sound folder i made another folder called diplomacy and made sure the name of arabias music in there was the same as in sounddefines. but when i loaded up the game to test it it didnt work. any ideas? Btw: do you know of any good places to learn xml because i am interested in learning it better.

Still trying to add diplo music, i went into both soundefines and leaderheadcharicteristic (whatever it is called), added the music defines, added diplo folder into sound, and when i tried it out as arabia, it didnt work. i have no clue whats happening. anyone care to help?

im taking music from core game. i added i into both 'soundefines' and 'leaderheadinfo' XML files, coppied the format from the core game so no clue why it is not working. im gone next week so i am not able to work on it now. could you ask around a little bit? you appear to have a heck of alot more XML skills then i do. ( i have no clue what over half the XML terms mean).

You have to edit like four files to add music. It amazing the redundancy. I did it a while back, give me a day or two and I may be able to take a better look. Also is the music an MP3?

yup, its an mp3 file. when renaming it you have to end in mp3 or else it becomes a rar. file. Why the heck is there 4 files to edit! 2 makes sense, it says what music to play and when to play it. i should have alot of time august so if you could tell me the 4 files i might be able to figure it out.

I think the polish starting area is too strong. Especially if you conquer Germany early. You get Beeswax, Furs, Wine, Silver and Amber with a mere 4 cities as well as Marble, Iron, Copper, Wheat, Cows and grabs. Add in the prolific rivers giving +1 commerce to roughly 1/3 of you're tiles, and you're scary strong.

In general, an early archer or spearman spam will win the game for you. The AI won't bother with many units until after their first settler. If you avoid an early settler, you can build 4 or 5 Spearmen or Archers to take down the 2 or 3 AI Warriors. While rushes are standard in Vanilla civ, they don't always work for a variety of reasons.

What's with the Copper and Iron requirements? It seems like Iron should be revealed with New Mines, not the other way around.

Top Bottom