• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Play the World first Screenshots!

The Carthagianian or awarever spell it doesn`t exist, they are a custom civ, look at the Tipo are smaller than the Greeks and the Random one.
And about the era is clear there are scenarios made by the editor, how can You have medieval units wiith only 2 cities?

Switch625 said:

King Kamehameha united the Hawaiian islands under his rule. Before his war of conquest, the islands were a patchwork of feuding kingdoms. And the Queen's name is Liliukalani, the last ruler of the Kingdom of Hawaii.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now I remember! God, you know alot about Hawaii.

andyo, I still don't get what you meant by posting that story:confused:

Originally posted by wotan321
Unique UUs, 5 versions of the Knight, one even has a nice doggy.... how quaint.....very interesting.

I wonder how the Conquistador and his little doggie will look as an army - sort of like a trinity - three in one and one in three - rulers of the..... It's going to look sort of crowded IMO.
:confused:

davwhitt said:

I wonder how the Conquistador and his little doggie will look as an army - sort of like a trinity - three in one and one in three - rulers of the..... It's going to look sort of crowded IMO.
:confused:

The Conquistador shouldn't even have a dog, or a spear for that matter. He should have a musket and replace the explorer.

here is an idea - everyone was wondering what the sword and circle with dot in it buttons where for on the screen shots - could they be for the "turnless" mode - i.e. issue the order for that uint (s) to attack a certain target? maybe the circle one is defend a target - or maybe partoll

The Spanish use to terrorise the natives with dogs. However in Civ the natives might run over them in tanks.

You all seem to assume that the Berserker is going to replace the Warrior, but look at the Viking screenshot again: Bergen is a size seven city right next to a big forest that has five turns left to complete its Berserker. Warriors take only 10 shields.

I rather think it's a swordsman replacement, maybe 5-1-1 (berserkers aren't defenders), or the standard 3-2-1 but amphibious.

It's interesting how people get the idea that just because some Polynesians were on Hawaii that all Polyneisians should be based on them, and the ruler should come from Hawaiian history.

I however would prefer to see Polynesians represented by the Maori or the Samoans. Due to personal bias I'd choose the Maori. Not only did they come from the the largest islands the Polynesians ever colonised (much bigger than Hawaii ever will be while Humans are around) - they were a very warlike people, and they had an established culture - even if it wasn't really what is technically called a civilization. But that's not the issue, we've already got Civs that aren't really civilizations. Though I do think the term is rather more complex than any dictionary could really acknowledge, but anyhow - let's not stress too much about these things - it's only a game! (repeat after me, guys!)

Yes, the Maori led by someone like the great Chief Te Rauparaha! (Actual spelling may vary!) He not only killed his enemies, he ate them too! Such Borg like efficiency, don't you think? ;)

A sidenote (for lack (or instead) of a proper footnote): I was rather surprised this evening to see Temuera Morrison, the Maori actor that played Doctor Ropata in the New Zealand soap "Shortland Street" has turned out to be that Fett guy who they've made the Clone Army out of in Star Wars Episode Two! Maybe *he* could lead a Maori Civ, with his clone Stormtroopers as the Maori UU :D Now, that would sure cause a bit of competition for the American Civ in the Modern Era ;)

Originally posted by Godinex
The Carthagianian or awarever spell it doesn`t exist, they are a custom civ, look at the Tipo are smaller than the Greeks and the Random one.
And about the era is clear there are scenarios made by the editor, how can You have medieval units wiith only 2 cities?

The problem with your theory is that the Carthagenians are confirmed by another source - the promo materials also refer to a King Hannibal.

BadDay said:
Any more ideas on that rocket guy? He looks european.

The rocket guy is a Hwacha, the Korean UU. It's a bombard unit, I think. (wonder how you get golden ages with it)

Anyone got any idea what the Celtic UU will be?? I was thinking it might have something to do with bronze age type warriors cos their era was the bronze age, but since theres no bronze resource??!!

Plz no more mounted units I'm sick of em!

kf97mopa said:
You all seem to assume that the Berserker is going to replace the Warrior, but look at the Viking screenshot again: Bergen is a size seven city right next to a big forest that has five turns left to complete its Berserker. Warriors take only 10 shields.

I rather think it's a swordsman replacement, maybe 5-1-1 (berserkers aren't defenders), or the standard 3-2-1 but amphibious.

This guy's got a point. I myself was thinking of a swordsman replacement for a Beserker.

Did you see AOTC, Frimlin?

Yep, and then I had to walk home in the rain! But it was worth it! Even with those corny moments between Anakin and Padme.. how many dresses does that woman have?! At least he keeps the same stuff on all day!

I soooooooo want to see Episode II! (I'm gonna see it tommorow!!!) I've already read the novel, now all I have to do is see if it matches the movie.:rolleyes:

Did you know that a Civ III Star Wars mod is being made?

---------------------------
---------------------------

The reason why the Carthaginians font is smaller than the Romans or the Random is that there are so many letters to put in there. They had to change the font so it would fit in the field.
BTW, why would a custom civ have different font anyway?

Absolutely great that the vikings are in CIV again! I just can´t wait for the expansion-pack!! And multiplayer - WEEEEE!!! :lol:

mi pero negro is mui flaco y alto

Translation: My black "but" is very <something> and tall
[perro->dog]

Hmm well the expansion still looks pretty sweet... and if you don't like some of the changes you should be able to mod them out or mod new stuff in, correct? I'm pumped for scenarios, too... hopefully we get an improved map editor along with the package.

Celtic UU...footmen? Blue painted...checkered trousers...Or perhaps a version of their chariot?

As for the dog, I kinda like the inclusion of man's best friend. It does sort of look like Don Quixote forgot where Sancho Panza was, and took his dog instead...

Originally posted by History Guy
Celtic UU...footmen? Blue painted...checkered trousers...Or perhaps a version of their chariot?

As for the dog, I kinda like the inclusion of man's best friend. It does sort of look like Don Quixote forgot where Sancho Panza was, and took his dog instead...
How about giving the Conquistador two attacks ability? One attack by the mounted unit and a second (weaker) attack by the wolf (or dog, whatever). That would be really cool. :)

Top Bottom