Playable Byzantines in RFC 600AD

I think all empires are doomed to be overrun eventually. Apart from China, then the barbarians magically become Chinese.

I love the story of Constantine XI's death. It's such a fitting end for the last Roman emperor. Completely unlike Romulus Augustulus.

I think I may get the Norwich book, I don't know enough about Byzantium.

I think it wouldn't be hard at all to implement a Byzantine Civ. But given the peculiar historical conditions that led to the forming of such empire, I would program it so that it would only spawn if one of two cases:

1- Rome controls Byzantium.
2- Greece has collapsed.

Given these 2 conditions I don't see a problem with Byzantium. I don't know what it takes or how hard it is to script this, but given the amount of incredible changes Rhye has made to Civ4, I think it would be doable, no ?

How about Greece and Egypt become Byzantine vassals when they spawn.

it would be bad for at least 2 reasons:

1- you wouldnt be able to expand as Byzantium because your neighbors are your vassals.
2- it would suck to play Egypt and Greece.

it would be bad for at least 2 reasons:

1- you wouldnt be able to expand as Byzantium because your neighbors are your vassals.
2- it would suck to play Egypt and Greece.

1-There is the Western Roman Empire and the Middle East.
2- Switch to Byzantium if you are Greece or Egypt or you can break away and not become vassal.

1-There is the Western Roman Empire and the Middle East.
2- Switch to Byzantium if you are Greece or Egypt or you can break away and not become vassal.

1- so you'd spawn with 1 city and make war to Rome ? ....
2- you can't be vassal of the AI, so it just wouldn't work.

1- No. You spawn and Gordium, As-Sur, and Jerusalem flip to you. Spawn with 2 settlers and found Constantinople and another city. 5 cities should be enough.
2-Change Greece's last UHV (Be the first to circumnavigate). When Byzantium spawns, you automatically become Byzantium if you are Greece or Egypt.

I think that the best way is for Bizantinum only be playable in the 600AD start =\
It would be great if they were a playable civ for 600 AD!
1. Control Carthage, Rome, and Spain by 1300 AD
2. Make Constantinople the most cultural city in 1300 AD
3. Make sure that there are 14 Christian nations.

It would be great if they were a playable civ for 600 AD!
1. Control Carthage, Rome, and Spain by 1300 AD
3. Make sure that there are 14 Christian nations.

Um, if you collapse Spain and control Rome/Spain, you would have England, Vikings, France, Russia, Germany, yourself, Turkey, America, Inca, Aztecs, and Mali. Still doesn't come to 14 Christian nations (unless Spain/Rome/Carthage spawn or if you spread it mass producing missionaries).

Um, if you collapse Spain and control Rome/Spain, you would have England, Vikings, France, Russia, Germany, yourself, Turkey, America, Inca, Aztecs, and Mali. Still doesn't come to 14 Christian nations (unless Spain/Rome/Carthage spawn or if you spread it mass producing missionaries).
The UHV should be hard. The other Christian nations will probably spread Christianity to other civs themselves.

I thought that was the point; it's difficult.

I really don't see Byzantines as promoters of Christianity in the world.

Both with Russia and Bulgaria it was more a political decision of their rulers. Especially in Russia the christian missionaries sent by Byzantium failed, it was only thanks to Vladimir the Great that the Rus converted to Christianism. I don't know much about Moravia, anyways these three conversions are far from the proposed victory condition of 14 civs, also the condition is to make sure they are christian rather than convert them; I find it strange since Orthodox churches are mostly indipendent, unlike the Roman church which not only has been very centralized in dealing religious matters of Europe & beyond (save later scissions) but it also had political power.

Just for 600AD:
1. Eliminate the Holy Roman Empire, the Arabian Civilization and Turkey by 1500 AD
3. Conquer all of Europe by 1800 AD ( or whatever date, just make a hard one xD )

Just for 600AD:
1. Eliminate the Holy Roman Empire, the Arabian Civilization and Turkey by 1500 AD
3. Conquer all of Europe by 1800 AD ( or whatever date, just make a hard one xD )
Are you out of your mind?!
This is not historical and almost impossible.

India founding 5/7 of the world's religions isn't really historical either.

Top Bottom