Played Turns

We have a library in Semtex now. We have also taken the overall culture point lead away from the nuts. :) We have fallen to third in production.

Our forces in the south are near the breaking point as the Iroqi near the military road. donsig II was killed and peace talks have stalled. We have four pikemen in or near Dynopolis that are marching south. There are a couple spearmen in Dynopolis to be upgraded next turn and Fort Incendiary will generate another pike in two turns. Will these make it in time to stall the Iroqi incursion into the Sacred Jungle? What about the barbarians coming frm the west? Stay tuned...

Pulled out three military units into Fort Carbonperoxides. One spear, one immortal and one beat up horse is not enough to fend off 5 mounted warriors. I sent an in game peace offer to the Nuts and a private message to Robi D saying we accept the zones of control as long as we can build cities in the jungle.

Set research to 80%. We'll have engineering in 22 turns.

Our two warriors sallied forth from Semtex after making sacrifices to the one true supreme being. They were successful in driving off two of the mounted warrior units who retreated to the west. One warrior took one hp damage, the other was unscathed. :)

In light of these successes, our spearman was moved to the plains to shiled Carpetbomb and a pike and warrior were moved to Semtex from Dancing Banana. Semtex is now fairly secure - the Iroqi would have to defeat our two warriors with their damaged MWs and them launch two more successful attacks against our Semtex garrison. Carpetbomb is in more danger. If they kill our spearman they can walk in and take Carpetbomb. Whether they'd raze it or keep it is in doubt. I moved the Iroqi women north as bait.

Semtex, Horsebomb and Carpetbomb were all switched to horsemen which were pop rushed. Dancing Banana was also switched to a horseman. If Carpetbomb falls we can retake it or kill off the invaders.

Dynopolis was switched to an immortal and the warrior there was upgraded. The two pikes in Dynopolis were sent north across the river. The five pikes and settler moved south along the military road.

Our military is now average compared to the Galls but we are still weak compared to the Iroqi and Greeks.

Here's the F1 screen. We've dropped to 4 in production. This is probably due to our three pop rushes and some micromanaging I did. We should bounce back to third next round.

Killed two MWs in the north, wounded another. Raised lux 20%, turned off research. If we're going into anarchy soon, then what's the point? We can use the gold to upgrade our last two spearmen or save it for a rainy day. Didn't attack with our horseman in the south. Our stack of pikes is on the military road to give us another round to decide where to settle. I did place a vet pike on the old FC site just in case. (Did that after I took the screenshot.)

Sent an in game peace offer to the Iroqi along with currency and their old women. I accepted so perhaps we will have peace next turn. In anticipation of that I switched Dancing Banana and Dynopolis over to settlers which will be complete next turn. We can have another settler in three turns if we delay our revolution.

Here's the big picture:

THE WAR IS OVER!!!

The Iroqi Have paid us the 25 gold agreed upon. They are probably unhappy since they moved their mw next to Semtex which was guarded only by a one hit point warrior. :) Our two newest settlers are ontheir way to rebuild both Carpetbomb and Fort Incendiary. Our other settler has reached the edge of the Sacred Jungle along with a bunch of our pikemen. I propose we build a city right their and christen it Torusbomb. There was a barb warrior on the military road and a vet pikeman killed it off.

EDIT: I lowered the lux rate to 20% and hired entertainers in three cities. Our production is still very low because of this. We also built a couple settlers. Dancing Banana produces 7 shields/turn. Semtex and Dynopolis also produce that but each loses one to corruption.

Here's the big picture:

Here's the F11 screen:

The victory screen:

Put the lux slider back up to 30%. We have settled Torusopolis on the southern edge of the Sacred Desert (and right next to the incense). TimBentley killed off a barbarian horseman near our newest city.

Here's our country:

And our best map of Iroq:

Finally, the f11 screen:

Shuffled our MPs around, refounded Carpetbomb. Was able to put the lux rate back to 0% and fire all the entertainers. TimBentley killed off another barb horseman in the south. The Gall ship has disappeared from the coast off Furbomb. Here's the big picture:

Our curragh found another nutter city:

And our current F11 screen:

Added another worker. Revolution next turn. There are barbarians near Furbomb.

Resettled Fort Carbonperoxides. Here is the F11 screen at the start of our turn:

And after we rebuilt FC:

Revolution!!!

donsig III deposed. Anarchy expected to last for five turns! :eek:

And for historical purposes - the current F11:

The anarchy continues. Sent our horseman charging down the hill and across the river in the east to take out the barb on the coast. Couldn't even hurt the thing. Our horseman retreated but the barb can counter attack. Our bad luck on the battlefield just doesn't end. :(

In the south, TimBently continues to make short recon trips south of the Sacred Jungle. There is wine / grapes on the east coast near the jungle edge. We should make it a priority to get a city down there. With border expansion it would give us the wine. :cheers:

Here's the big picture:

The good news is there are only three turns of anarchy left.

The bad news is there are barbarians all over the place! :eek: Our horseman in the east was not attacked by the Parthians and so he recrossed the river and reclimbed the hill. A pikeman and a couple warriors head east to try to clear things there.

In the west, there seems to be no Nutter city near the silks but there is a Circassian camp and horseman near by. Worse still is the Harappan horseman who has appeared in the hills near Shilhanopolis. It is in reach of our workers! I managed to move one (and our settler) onto a tile with a spearman but Banana Joe and Saeed had been working on the jungle road. I told them to stop becasue there were more important things to do (like running for their lives) but they are so darn industrious they couldn't move! :mad: Moved a pike back towards them but the barbarina horseman can run down our two defenseless workers if it so chooses. :(

Here's the big picture:

Anarchy drags on. At least our cities are still growing. Our unit cost will be slightly lower when we enter republic. We lost the two workers to the Harappan horseman and also lost a warrior to the Parthians. :( Looks like the Iroqi are having trouble getting on their side of the jungle. The good news is there is no city near the silks. Our settler and a worker have joined a pikeman in the jungle.

One turn of anarchy left! Slipshod (of Iroqi war fame) attacked a Parthian warrior and was promoted to veteran. In the Sacred Jungle, Nasir (our sole remaining immortal), successfully attacked a Harappan horseman. We now have a pikeman on the silk mountain. No purple cities in sight. :) There is a mounted warrior on another mount in the jungle. :( The Iroqi are now in the middle ages, but are also still in anarchy.

I took some screen shots but didn't have time to post them. Will add them in tomorrow (I hope).

BCLG100 said:
do i have a troop named after me yet?? :(

You do now. It's a pikeman sitting on the mountain near the silks. Maybe the mountain will go down in history as Mount BCLG!

Well, folks, we are now officialy a REPUBLIC! :banana: Here's the big picture:

I micro-mananged as best I could. As you can see we will have engineering in 13 turns and currently have a 1 gpt surplus. Lux rate is at 10% to keep Dancing Banana and Semtex from rioting. Once we have the furs within our borders that could be lowered. Right now it would cost 320 g (which we don't have) to rush the library in Furbomb. We have a horse and warrior near the Parthian camp ready to attack next turn. That should net us 25g. Moved our settler into position near the silks and right next to the Circassian camp. Settling the city next turn should give us another 25g so we should have 316 gold in the treasury next turn. The Furbomb library should cost only 156g next turn to rush. :) If we rush it next turn we should have the furs within five turns.

Started a cathedral in :banana: It will take 18 turns. We can use it as a pre-build for a wonder - it would take us half way to some of them. We could decide to just build the cathedral if we need it or we could switch over to a market. The market would take 12 turns. Dynopolis is going to make a settler next turn since it's set to grow next turn. Changed Carpetbomb around to produce a worker in two turns when it grows. Grenadapolis continues to work on the harbor and Unabomb stays on the library since it will be dome in 3 turns. All other cities either workingon pikes or workers (except vbraunopolis which only has one shield in the bank and makes 1 spt).

All four teams are now republics. Our current support cost is 26 gpt. We're currently doing alot of irrigation work on the floodplains since we need :banana: , Carpetbomb and Dynopolis to become cities. :banana: will grow in five turns the others are still quite a ways off. We'll save 4gpt for each town that grows into a city.

Finally, here's the F11 screen:

Founded Fort Midnight Tavern by the silks. Now all we have to do is make sure the Iroqi don't burn it down someday. Building the city netted us 25g and our horseman in the east dispersed the Parthians for another 25g. TimBentley found an Anasazi camp in the southern jungle.

We will have engineering in eight turns now instead of 13. I wonder if someone else discovered it already?

Here's the big picture:

And the F11 screen:

Sorry for posting this so late. The forum seemed so slow yesterday.

It doesn't show up in this screenie but I did change the name of Fort Midnight Tavern to Mezzonotte Keep. Rushed the library in Furbomb for 152g. TimBentley wiped out the Anasazi camp in the south and got us back 25g. We'll also have a new library in Unabomb next turn which will hopefully speed our research rate. Here's the big picture:

The Domestic Advisor Screen:

The F11 screen, showing we are last in population:

And the victory screen:

The two new libraries have been built. Not much else happened. Did have a chat with the Greek foreign minister and will report on that later today. They have an interesting proposal.

Here's the big picture:

We built a new pikeman in Semtex. According to our military advisor we have 31 units, are allowed 19 and are paying 24 gpt for unit support. We are still weak compared to all others and there are Harappan tribes near Provobomb. Now that the Parthian meance has been eradicated in the east, our forces are moving west to search for the Harappans. Here's the big picture:

And the F11 screen:

Top Bottom