Please fix the suburb map icon already

Tajo

Warlord
This has been in for very long time despite several reportings of it. I know that you must have more pressing matters now and it is only a cosmetic bug but it looks real god awful when modern, huge city becomes surrounded by medieval rural straw huts.

It you find it too much to create a proper map image for it, just the town equivalent. That alternative is much better than those little cottages. Surely this can wait until the mod itself is worth playing again and the AI is up and running but just keep it in mind ok?

Well, we don't have artists here.

It may be missing tag fault though.

Both of them use same art definition....

It appears CIV4PlotLSystem was missing IMPROVEMENT_SUBURB after IMPROVEMENT_TOWN.
I did mass replacing of
....IMPROVEMENT_TOWN</Attribute>
to ...IMPROVEMENT_TOWN,IMPROVEMENT_SUBURB</Attribute>
Well over 650 entries were changed.

That didn't work, but there also was definition, that needed to be added.

It appears I managed to fix suburbs.
In screenshot I put Cottage, Hamlet, Village, Town, Suburbs in order.
Spoiler :

I put screenshots of eras with distinct style.
Prehistoric doesn't render them.
Information artstyle is same as Modern art style.
Transhuman art style and later are same as Nanotech art style.

It should work on all cultural artstyles as I did mass replacing.

Last edited:
Experienced modders fear the Civ4PlotLSystem files. The slightest mistake can crash the system. It is horrible to work with.

Experienced modders fear the Civ4PlotLSystem files. The slightest mistake can crash the system. It is horrible to work with.
All I did was modification of existing structure and adding definition for suburbs by copying definition of town and just made it slightly bigger, as shown in screenshot above.

Top Bottom