Poll: C7 system requirements

What system(s) would you choose to play C7 if it were available?

• Windows 8, 10, 11

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Mac OS

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Linux

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • 32-bit Windows, Mac, or Linux

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Any other platform (please comment)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Native Civ3 resolution (XGA 1024x768)

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Higher resolution (1080p, etc)

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Steam Deck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Touchscreen tablet (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The f this has to do with Civ3?

Uh, mate, they're developing an open source version of Civ3. Maybe if you did a little bit of digging in this subforum, you would've figured that out for yourself.

The subforum is literally called "Civ3 Future Development". Personally, not overly fond of your tone.

Uh, mate, they're developing an open source version of Civ3. Maybe if you did a little bit of digging in this subforum, you would've figured that out for yourself.

The subforum is literally called "Civ3 Future Development". Personally, not overly fond of your tone.
Oh, mate, I thought this was about Civilization 7. Tell me how I could've know by reading the OP. Of course not everyone is going to dig into the subforums as much as you would like to - for that I'm sorry.

Yeah - I could've thought "oh wait, C7 in a subforum doesn't sound at all like a subforum of C3" but I foolishly and benigtedly followed that up with "maybe they are asking C3 players about C7... can't be that far of a stretch of the imagination". Crazy, I know.
I'll be more civil, next time. That's a thing I have to learn. Yes.

Oh, mate, I thought this was about Civilization 7. Tell me how I could've know by reading the OP. Of course not everyone is going to dig into the subforums as much as you would like to - for that I'm sorry.

Yeah - I could've thought "oh wait, C7 in a subforum doesn't sound at all like a subforum of C3" but I foolishly and benigtedly followed that up with "maybe they are asking C3 players about C7... can't be that far of a stretch of the imagination". Crazy, I know.

Uh, perhaps not the OP, but there's literally a stickied thread entitled "Welcome to C7: New Players Start Here". Maybe that's where you should've gone instead of making a rude post on a random thread in the subforum?

Here's a link to the thread.

Fair enough. Hopefully it works. If not, then there is Proton...

I'd wait on doing that for a little while. While you can download SteamOS it's only a recovery image. While you can technically install it to other devices and there are some fan solutions to make it work it isn't officially supported and is more than a little janky. I would personally wait until a proper official release drops.

Well, I do have a bit of an agenda to push for SteamOS. Not only do I plan on getting a Steam Deck (hopefully ordering it today [knock on wood]) but I eventually plan on switching to using SteamOS on my main computer.
Do you know whether there are plans for that "official release"? I'll admit I haven't really been following SteamOS. WildWeazel is the resident Linux developer, but I think he's on Pop! OS.

If you do try SteamOS before we get around to trying it, let us know how it goes! I downloaded the image last night but didn't get around to trying to get it running.

Do you know whether there are plans for that "official release"? I'll admit I haven't really been following SteamOS.
Very much so! Valve intends to release it for free on the Internet. It's just taking some time due to Valve needing to get driver support from AMD, Intel, and Nvidia.

@B-29_Bomber since I just came across your other post about Civ3 on the Steam Deck, I'm curious if you've tried C7 or if there's even an easy way to install third party programs. (I may need to get one... for QA purposes...)
When it comes to C7, I've elected to wait until there's something more... substantial (something beyond a tech demo).

As for Civ3 on Steam Deck... an update to SteamOS has seemed to re-break the game...

Top Bottom