Poll for the Senate: War with Germany

Icmancin

WSNR Pte
As the rules in the Constitution I must make a separate Poll for the Senate. This Poll with be made Public, however only Senators can vote. Votes by non senators will not be counted. The options for this Poll are the same as the Assemblies. If one of the three war options is chosen then war will be declared.

Link to Disscussion

My ******* Poll is not posting. Senators post your coments. I'm not in the mood. I have little time left and this damn computer isn't cooperating with me. Simple: Post saying ethier:

Yes, alone
Yes, with Rome
Yes, with France
No keep peace
Abstain

As Senator and Governor of the fair Fanatik city of The Augean Stables, I place my vote for the official declaration of war by the State of Fanatikos against the German Reich. I see no other option to keep our people secure and our land free of Germans. I believe a pre-emptive strike versus the German city of Berlin, will satisfy our needs to protect ourselves. I place my vote for a Millitary Alliance with the people of Rome, as they could aid us in our crusade to rid the war of Germany.

I, Civlord, Governor of Olympus (with palm trees, fish, all that stuff) place my vote as a senator of the proud land of Fanatikos for the declaration of war against Germany alone.

May the holy RNG bless all of our soldiers :worship:!

Governor Civlord

I, SaaMuel A Mack, hereby cast my vote AGAINST a war with the German Empire. They have not provoked us in any matter that would lead to us retaliating in any method, yet alone starting a war. I do not see any preparations being made for this war, nor do I see any other Governors planing on enqueuing units in the immediate future. We cannot allow ourselves to styme our internal growth by devoting too much time to creating units when we have the opertunity to build. To war, I say Nay.

I know that if we do not act now, Berlin, a city close to our empire, will be taken by opposing forces. I regret to say we must allow this. Were we to enter into a war without planning, we would be doomed. For the sake of the Empire, I, the Governor of Styx cast my vote as a Nay.

Governor SaaM

Stuck_as_a_Mac said:
I do not see any preparations being made for this war, nor do I see any other Governors planing on enqueuing units in the immediate future.

My fellow Senator SaaM, that sentence is a pure lie. If you would take a look at my plan for future city productions, my next 4 plans are to outfit 4 battalions of troops, in assorted wargear. I will be training, in the famous Augean barracks, 1 Hoplite battalion, outfited with powerful shields and spears for defending The Augean Stables. I will be outfitting 2 warrior bands, to be re-outfitted in the future to include swords made of Iron, once a worker band connects the Iron deposits found in the mountain southwest of Civatonia. I will finally train with my most effective commanders, 1 troop of Horseman. They will ride the fine horses raised in The Augean Stables themselves. So you see, there are plans for bands and battalions to be trained. We will be ready for this war.

----------------------------------------------------
OOC: this is why we need to name landmarks. i just said "mountain SW of civatonia". now doesn't that sound stupid? that's why i thought the landmarks would be a good idea. they really help roleplaying.

Posted this in the other thread.
RegentMan said:
The Expatriate Governor hereby votes against a declaration of war against Germany at this time. We have no offensive army. The minister of defense wants us to build some warriors, then connect our iron. Unfortunately, it takes nine turns to complete that road. With only one worker in range, I won't even be able to complete his wishes this turnchat! Drawing out the workers from Styx will only hamper the growth of our empire more than the city of Berlin would aid it. We have nearly no gold; how are we going to upgrade five or six warriors while researching?! While it would be nice to have Berlin, the humongous risk required is not worth it. I cannot put my office's interests above those of Fanatikos.

This war was never realistically planned.

Now, my opinions in this thread.
greekguy said:
So you see, there are plans for bands and battalions to be trained. We will be ready for this war.
That's great Governor greekguy. However, unless they have one turn build times, they are of no use to us this turnchat. The fact that you are planning to build this is as irrelivant as Governor SaaM posting he's going to build tanks in the future.

We have no realistic war plans. We have no money to outfit a significant amount of warriors with iron. We cannot fight this war now.

Senators,
The reason people are calling for war against Germany is because France is threatening our western city of Augean Stables. The hawks belive that signing a military allaince with France will halt an possiable invasion.

The situation what scares the hawks is a few French military units are outside our borders. French units also did this during the turnchat i lead. After a tense stand off we ended the turn and French units moved east to fight Germany. Im not saying the French arn't here to attack us i am just saying theres a good chance there here to fight Germany.

If they have decided to attack us there is no evidence that a Military Allaince would even stop them. If we are to give the Military Allaince a chance to stop the french we must declare war on germany within the first two turns of the next turnchat. This means that you wouldnt have time to bulid a big army in your cities. We would be at war with our current military. Even to bulid a larger defense force we would need to force labour to bulid hoplites in our citys. This all in the first two turns of the Next turnchat. That means we would be legally commited to a twenty turn war, thats twenty turns when you wont be buliding Libarys or temples, and you deffinantly won't be buliding any wonders.

Our military travels mostly by foot, if we mobilise and send it east into Germany it will never get back in time to defend us in the event of western agression. So you will be defending our citys against French Swordsmen, with our current military minus a few warriors that will be on a suicide mission in Germany.

There are some people in the Senate and in the Assembly voting for war with Germany without a Military Allaince with France, this is the crazyist thing possible. This would do nothing to deter France in the event that they want to attack us, and risk our eastern and western citys. Without Civatonia and the Augen Stables we have no iron or horses. We will lose the Final civ3 demogame. Vote No on the war. If we vote no and war comes we will face it. But declaring war with out a military is suicide.

I vote NO to the poorly prepared war against ANY nation.

End of story.

RegentMan said:
Literally it is. The Senate now cannot override the Assembly's war poll.

What if Senator Chieftess votes for the war? That would make it a 3-3 tie. Sorry, I don't know more about the constitution, but what would happen in that case?

It wouldn't work:b There would be more people (58%) that voted no in the Assemblies POll. It would be 50% here. Victory is NO WAR!

Top Bottom