Poll: is the "leaked" list of leaders real?

Is the list of leaders real?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I figure it, I have three chances to be right.

1. The leak may be exactly what it seems, a leak from an insider. I think this is the case.

2. If it's a hoax, there's still a chance the hoax happened to guess the same civs and leaders. I'm not willing to calculate the odds of this, but hey! could happen.

3. It's a hoax, but when Ed Beach sees it, he'll like this list better than the one they were working on, and this will end up being the leaders in the game anyway. I think there's a non-zero chance of this. :lol:

From the list the only thing that gives me pause is the Ottoman's leader which made me go "Really?' though it would work in with Egypt and France already

I have in my Australia DLC review, from memory is was from a comment Ed made during the live stream

Interesting, the developers did not add indigenous elements in Australia to leave the door open for an indigenous civ in the future. So an aboriginal civ is not as unlikely as many people think, there is a chance of this happening at Civ6. I have nothing against an aboriginal civ, but this may make this "leak" a little more likely, including the leaders I would not want to see: Eleanor, Atahualpa and Roxelana.

Last edited:
Interesting, the developers did not add indigenous elements in Australia to leave the door open for an indigenous civ in the future. So an aboriginal civ is not as unlikely as many people think, there is a chance of this happening at Civ6. I have nothing against an aboriginal civ, but this may make this "leak" a little more likely, including the leaders I would not want to see: Eleanor, Atahualpa and Roxelana.
But they had no cities. And they didn't farm. And they had VERY few permanent structures. There isn't much material there for a Civ, in my opinion.

I have in my Australia DLC review, from memory is was from a comment Ed made during the live stream
I guess the didgeridoos don't count then. Are we going to get double the didgeridoos for the theme music?
Also if this is true, I guess that would make it a first that probably no city-states will be replaced this time in an expansion since they were introduced.

But they had no cities. And they didn't farm. And they had VERY few permanent structures. There isn't much material there for a Civ, in my opinion.
I would agree but then again last game they gave us the Huns, which applies to all of the above statements. It could be possible.

It's hard to say for me but I'm leaning towards fake. The list seems too follow the pattern of rf but it seems too good to be true.
Some of the listed civs seem to be inspired from mods from civ v (like Burma, Maori, Hungary, etc.) as well as fan request (Mali and Inca).
With the aboriginal group, there was a civ iv mod led by the son of the listed leader, Yagan.

I'm undecided, so voted "true" because I hope it's fake, so if I'm wrong at least I won't be disappointed :crazyeye:

I'm pretty sure that it's made up but some a few of the Civilizations implied are highly likely. One or two of the leaders may even be correct.

Atahualpa, to me, is the least believable part of this list.

He sounds like the kind of leader somebody who did zero research would choose, taking one look at how long his Wiki page was and going "hmm, yes, this is good".

There's honestly no interesting game play here, no unique personality, no story to tell.

Atahualpa, to me, is the least believable part of this list.

He sounds like the kind of leader somebody who did zero research would choose, taking one look at how long his Wiki page was and going "hmm, yes, this is good".

There's honestly no interesting game play here, no unique personality, no story to tell.
Well, there was the succession war prior to Pizzaro's arrival, and afterwards him carrying his defeated half-brother's gilded skull around on him in the same macabre, not-quite-sane way Golam carried the One Ring around. But, otherwise, yes, you're right. Pachacuti or Ayar Manco would be FAR better choices of Inca leaders from a Civilization game perspective.

u/LongjumpingBuffalo Pmed me about other mechanics in the game

Civilization Time & Tide.

Mali under Mansa Musa. Horon Horsemen. Sofa Warrior. Mudbrick Fort. Emphasis on gold generation and river based expansion.

Hungary under Arpad . Hussar. Bastion. Allows rapid expansion (capturing a barbarian encampment without losing a unit allows for the founding of a city).

Gran Colombia under Simon Bolivar. Inca under Atahualpo. The Maori under Tawhiao. Ottoman's under Roxelana. Eleanor as an alternate leader to France. Arawrahta leads Burma. Midgegooroo leads the Noongar.

Hazards as a new mechanic (similar to dark ages, includes epidemics, natural disasters and terrorism).

Eleanor as an alternate leader for France would be hilarious after Catherine. And for one of the nations that has never had an actual crowned/elected female leader! That does seem really, really suspect.

Hungary under Arpad . Hussar. Bastion. Allows rapid expansion (capturing a barbarian encampment without losing a unit allows for the founding of a city).

That's funny, because Arpad predated the existence of actual hussars proper by 800 years...

Eleanor as an alternate leader for France would be hilarious after Catherine. And for one of the nations that has never had an actual crowned/elected female leader! That does seem really, really suspect.
Just you wait! If anti-EU, anti-immigrant, anti-Islamic, nationalistic sentiment in France in the wake of the elections of Trump, Duerte, Erdogan, and Bolisario rise to a fevered pitch, they will soon - but I digress and veer off topic...

That's funny, because Arpad predated the existence of actual hussars proper by 800 years...
That means nothing. See also Barbarossa and U boats.

That means nothing. See also Barbarossa and U boats.
And that too is weird, awkward, and lazy. They could have come up with a much more appropriate unit for him, like, say, a Knight Templar or Teutonic Knight...

And that too is weird, awkward, and lazy. They could have come up with a much more appropriate unit for him, like, say, a Knight Templar or Teutonic Knight...
I don't actually have a problem with it. The version of a Civ that we get in-game is usually a collection of abilities and unique features that is supposed to represent the entire history of that Civ as far as possible, not just what they were like under that leader.

I don't believe these at all.Sure he has put more effort than saying my uncle work at Firaxis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom