1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Unit of the Month July 2014

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Balthasar, Aug 13, 2014.

?

Which is the best new unit for July, 2014?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2014.
  1. Falconer - ruby_sauce

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Soul Grinder - LMR

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Hi gang,

Well, it's the end of the summer, and around here that means that the children are once more being forced back into the education factories, and that means that I finally have the pool more or less to myself more often, and don't have to suffer the indignity of being pointed at by frightened toddlers. I'm not apparently the only one trying to grab a last bit of summer:

It also appears that our pcx graphics makers have taken a hiatus this summer, and we have yet another month without a pcx competition. Time for a pcx contest, I think.

And our military unit makers also decided to take a break this month (competition-wise), and have left the contest field to more fanciful units. Competing this month are two masters of the craft:

ruby_sauce - Falconer

and

LMR - Soul Grinder

Okay guys, same rules as always: no kicking, biting, spitting, mud throwing, casting of tomatoes towards one another, or ad hominem insults. Off to your corners, and good luck to you both!

The Monthly Competitions submissions thread is HERE if you'd like to submit your unit or graphic creation.

2. Jerry'sGoldfish

Jerry'sGoldfish Emperor

i will use my vote for ruby's falconer as a request to him to create some civ specific falconers also...:rolleyes:

3. Wolfshade

Wolfshade Little Winger

Ruby. Dreamed about this unit. Just never asked. :)

4. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

My thoughts too, only I HAD asked about a decade ago. Wishes DO come true! :love:

5. imperator1961

imperator1961 Last of the Mohicans

Absolutely difficult choice this mounth! Two units very very well done and subjects so particular. At the end of long thinking I have voted for LMR because his units has really good animations. Also the unit by Ruby has good animations but the Death anim. not convinct me.
    Nonentheless two outstanding units. Good job!

6. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

It's been close the whole time, a fitting end methinks :)

Congrats ruby :thumbsup:

7. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

Not sure I can post, but congrats to both!

8. ruby_sauce

ruby_sauce Outside the box

I come back from vacation to find this! thanks for the votes everyone, and congratulations LMR! It was indeed a close run, but I don't mind sharing a win with such a superb unit.

9. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Congrats, Ruby and LMR! The wise citizens of C&C have decided that you should both advance to the next level. Your co-win will be listed in the Competitions Hall of Fame, and your units will face each other again in the Unit of the Year contest next February: a contest in which there are no ties - a contest where there can be only One.

10. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

Congratulations to two of my favorite unit makers on the site. A well-deserved win for both! And also thanks to Balthasar who has continued Pounder's tradition of putting in the effort to keep these competitions going.

11. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

12. imperator1961

imperator1961 Last of the Mohicans

Congrats to ruby_sauce and LMR, the result is the best end for this contest. I love each units and choose one of these was a very difficult choice. Very very beautiful units.

13. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

And thanks back to you, Tony, and to the other contributors to the contests, without whom I'd be just another guy who posts about himself.

14. Grandraem

Grandraem Alchemist

Congratulations to both. Those are some wonderful units and it's great to see them both win! :goodjob: