[GS] (POLL) What will be the SIXTH first look?

What will be the sixth first look?

• The Ottomans

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Sweden

Votes: 139 71.6%
  • Carthage/Phoenicia

Votes: 21 10.8%
  • Eleanor of Aquitane for France/England

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • Something else, the leak may be incorrect

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of Mass Effect is making me remember my 2 month depression after playing the garbage that is ME3.
Why is it garbage? Uhm, discounting the missing exploration and the lacking endings. Do-nothing-ending best ending.

I actually loved that one more than 2. I like the dark tone and sense of urgency. 2 had too many issues taking out rpg elements. 1 is still the best.

ME1 is pretty tedious to get through on replay, I've found. The story is good but the progress is way too slow (and you need to do almost every sidequest to get enough XP to defeat the endgame boss battles and ME1 has the worst in the franchise). Oh and I hate Williams, so the Virmire dilemma isn't *really* a conundrum for me, I always saved Alenko anyway. ME2 is bae though, streamlined gameplay, excellent characters, a decent exploration system and a good storyline.

(i also love ME3, sorry not sorry. The ending sucks if you take it at face value but I always assumed that was some reaper indoctrination trick to have you join their mechanical consciousness. Pick destroy and assume the entire star child convo is a lie, and the ending becomes a lot more satisfying all of a sudden)

Decided on Sweden because of the key.
Pretty sure they want to save Eleanor and the Ottomans for the last two spots. Eleanor for the surprise of leading two Civs and Ottomans for the last hurrah hype.

Why is it garbage? Uhm, discounting the missing exploration and the lacking endings. Do-nothing-ending best ending.
The ending. After so many years of emotional investment it was like a kick in the nuts.

“Kristina leads Sweden in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm. Her unique improvement is the IKEA, granting bonus production and her unique unit is the ABBA which replaces the rock band. Sweden’s unique ability is Hinga Dinga Durgen, which grants two unique resources - Meatballs and Gummy Fish. How will you abandon your country as Kristina in SMCVI: GS?”
You forgot that IKEA also reduces amenities and gives a food malus representing the dropping birth rate from increased divorce. :p

All this talk of Mass Effect is making me remember my 2 month depression after playing the garbage that is ME3.
Give Mass Effect Andromeda a try. It's so abominable it'll make you fall in love with every other bad game you've ever played. MEA made me forgive DA:I every one of its faults. :p There's a lot I love about ME3, but I think it's portrayal of the Reapers as glorified battle droids complete with droid control ship rather than Sovereign's chilling proclamation of "each [Reaper] a nation unto itself" was highly disappointing. I think ME3 should have gone one of two ways: there simply is no winning and Shepard and crew die in a glorious but futile struggle against the inevitable (this is why Refuse is my preferred ending) OR Shepard wins by sowing dissent among the Reapers resulting in a Reaper civil war. The deus ex Starchild was cheap, for sure, even if Shepard does die. ME3 has some great emotional moments, though, and it's the only game in the trilogy I can say is genuinely fun to play. (ME1 had the best story, though, and ME2 the best character development--even if you could skip ME2 without missing much of importance to the overall story.)

The ending. After so many years of emotional investment it was like a kick in the nuts.
We agree then.^^
Spoiler :
I wish there was an ending destroying the reapers without severely damaging the galaxy and killing off your ai friends/allies (edi and the geth). And your cycle surviving.

We agree then.^^
Spoiler :
I wish there was an ending destroying the reapers without severely damaging the galaxy and killing off your ai friends/allies (edi and the geth). And your cycle surviving.
Eh, I would have found a happy ending even cheaper than the one we got.

Give Mass Effect Andromeda a try. It's so abominable it'll make you fall in love with every other bad game you've ever played. MEA made me forgive DA:I every one of its faults. :p There's a lot I love about ME3, but I think it's portrayal of the Reapers as glorified battle droids complete with droid control ship rather than Sovereign's chilling proclamation of "each [Reaper] a nation unto itself" was highly disappointing. I think ME3 should have gone one of two ways: there simply is no winning and Shepard and crew die in a glorious but futile struggle against the inevitable (this is why Refuse is my preferred ending) OR Shepard wins by sowing dissent among the Reapers resulting in a Reaper civil war. The deus ex Starchild was cheap, for sure, even if Shepard does die. ME3 has some great emotional moments, though, and it's the only game in the trilogy I can say is genuinely fun to play. (ME1 had the best story, though, and ME2 the best character development--even if you could skip ME2 without missing much of importance to the overall story.)

Despite my misgivings, I played ME:A. My expectations were met, enough said about that.

Could never finish ME:A. It's not a good game for a completionist. It's agonizingly dull. Too much busy work. Open World games are massively overrated. I blame Bethesda.

yeah the planet exploration in 1 was mentioned, but I found the clunky Mako alright and fun in a weird, clunky way. Who doesn't like running over monkeys? ME3 was great, except for the ending. We can all agree it was horrible.

I guess I should attempt to stay on topic. As for the first looks, I think most people will get it right this week. At this point, it's going to continue to get easier and easier to guess. I would expect the 9th first look to have a 100% guess rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom