Poll: Which civ do you HATE the most (to play against)?

Which civ do you hate the most?

• Rome

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Greece

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • China

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Japan

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • India

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Egypt

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Babylon

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Russia

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • America

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • France

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Persia

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Zulu

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • Britain

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters

Windwalker

Chieftain
Which civ do you grimace for when you find that they're your neighbor? Who never seems to give you a fair trade? Which civ seems to always backstab and break treaties? Vent it here!

For me it's the Zulus, the guys who will expand into your ear if they could... They always seem to hate me, and will send endless streams of units (ok, a sample size of 2 games where this happened, so sue me :)

- Windwalker

For me its a tie between three and all fro differant reasons

1.Japan : because they are just so aggessive and I MUST wipe them out. They seem like they must be at war all the time and they go to war over stupid things like when I ask them to kindly move their ******s out of my land :rolleyes:

2.Germany : Oh... what can be said about germany for one thing they are constant backstabers! The deals are hard to make with them and they are greedy. They demand more than everybody combined and those demands are usually when we are at peace just to create war between us :mad:

3.America : They are just expand so damnded much at the beginning and it always leads to war with me, and they seem to be a civ that does not forget my past war with them very easly In fact they never forget a war we had even when I suck up to them.
THE STAY FURIOUS! occasonally Interupted by annoyed :lol:

I chose Japan tho

I've played enough games where everyone has been the first to backstab me in a game at one point or another (Even sweet Joan :love: ).

Here's my opinion on civs.

Persia- I don't like starting next to them, but if I do, I just make sure I do my best to deny them Iron. Otherwise I'll be really sucking up to them until I can deal with those Immortals.

Zulu - they aren't too bad in my games, but they usually start on the other side of the world. :)

Japanese - They are always annoyed with me, but rarely has the guts to attack me.

Babylon - Luckily, I have never started next to them, so I haven't had to fight off their culture.

England - That old #@?! can go drink her tea with someone else, there is probably poison in that tea, with how often she tries to sneak attack me!

India and China - both real peaceful civs 90-95% of the time.

GERMANY - I will not go to sleep until I wipe Germany from the planet so I won't have to look at that fat backstabbing Bismark anymore. He is the biggest back stabber of all the other civs combined. You expand too close to him, he delares war on you. You join him as allies against another civ and sign a ROP, he declares war on you two turns later. You donate him techs and gold he declares war on you. You just can't please some people no matter what you do!:confused:

All the others are pretty much the same, the occasional backstab here and there.
Edit: typos

I have no problem with Germany?
They never backstab me and I always have good relations with them.
Maybe that the fact that Germany have the same group(europe) and I always use France.

The one who piss me off the most was Persia ( and even more in addition of Japan close to them, that make two partners for killing everybody around them)

India was the most idiot who always polite toward me if I break my alliances with them.:p

Originally posted by Bamspeedy

England - That old #@?! can go drink her tea with someone else, there is probably poison in that tea, with how often she tries to sneak attack me!
They always attemp to make sneak attacks:lol: :lol: :lol:

England because Elizabeth is the smuggest cow and will NEVER surrender, ever.

Japan, cause they're way too aggressive, even when they know they'll lose.

France, for obvious reasons. ;)

Germany is very strange. Just before there it says 'Germany and Egypt has signed a Peace Treaty' which is a shame because Germany had attacked before because I had a Mutual Defense thingie with him. Then, as I click 'ok'.

'Germany has declared war on Egypt'

What the hell?

The zulu always attack. Attacked me 3 times last game. Final time I killed them just to get rid of them.

Egyptians. There just stupid, They always attack with war chariots right around the time I get replaceable parts. Not much of a challenge but annoying.

Babylonians always attack me. So do the persians. So do the romans and the greeks.

Actually I find its pretty consistant who attacks and who is friendly.

Ive actually though about writing a bic randomizer that goes in and changes the agreesion level of all 16 civs so India might end up rampaging againsts the world. Its a tad to predictable the way it is. If your near the the zulu plop some strong defenders near there border.

Course the AI is rather dumb. If your being attacked by an agressor take his weakest city. The just try to hold it. If he takes it back take it back. All of his troops will divert to take that city back making the rest of your cities safe. When he will talk peace finally offer him the weak city back, You didnt really want an all desert city. Works great against the zulu or any other agressor.

If you have never played a game with the Zulus, go start one now and try it. They are the only civ that is militaristic AND expansionist, and in all my games they have definitely acted like it. The only diplomacy Shaka understands is your armies razing his towns. If you try to beat the game with a diplomatic or cultural victory and the Zulus are anywhere near you, they will make your life hell. I also hate how when you make any sort of deal with Shaka he says "You may go now." Like I need that &#@%'s permission. He is also a prideful mofo, I have NEVER got anything I demand from him, nor can I remember a time he has tried to make peace with me. Usually he ignores your envoys up until the time you wipe him off the planet.

Haha!
I agree wholeheartedly about the Zulu's.
They get my vote for the most annoying civ...as a matter of fact,i found them so annoying,that i now play them exclusivley!
........You may go now.......:midfinger

Originally posted by RX2000
If you have never played a game with the Zulus, go start one now and try it. They are the only civ that is militaristic AND expansionist, and in all my games they have definitely acted like it. The only diplomacy Shaka understands is your armies razing his towns. If you try to beat the game with a diplomatic or cultural victory and the Zulus are anywhere near you, they will make your life hell. I also hate how when you make any sort of deal with Shaka he says "You may go now." Like I need that &#@%'s permission. He is also a prideful mofo, I have NEVER got anything I demand from him, nor can I remember a time he has tried to make peace with me. Usually he ignores your envoys up until the time you wipe him off the planet.

Heh, for a while I thought it was just random chance that determined how a given AI civ acted towards you (based on situational factors). But reading this, I am pretty certain that the civs really do act like their traits, because the Zulus are EXACTLY like you say they are. No matter how many units I kill and despite the fact that I took 3 cities in a single turn, the Zulu guy will not give up anything worthwhile at the surrendering table... Right now we're at peace again (until he rebuilds his stacks, of course :)), but I can't wait to crush them in my current game; I have cavalry and I know how to use'em! I notice too that the Zulu civ, despite being the largest, has the lowest culture out of any of the other non-dead civs (i.e. England and rome are both down to 3 cities) in my current game. I think I know now why the Zulu always seems to be able to send stacks of a dozen units time after time... Hope they don't learn to make use of the chivalry they just got...

- Windwalker

Originally posted by irish_soldier
England because Elizabeth is the smuggest cow and will NEVER surrender, ever.

Japan, cause they're way too aggressive, even when they know they'll lose.

France, for obvious reasons. ;)

Hey how can you hate cute little Joan of Arc? She's usually the most trustworthy AI counterpart in my games, and I will make sure I secure her as an ally, because I know I can count on her...

- Windwalker

The Germans are worse in that they are all the Zulus are and in addition more treacherous. I won't play either of them any more; I have no need to play psychos.

If this was Civ II I could create a scenario with both of them alone on the same small continent. Let them slaugher each other to their hearts' content.

Whipping the Zulu

I found these tactics work well...

Have a strike force ready. As war is declared, advance on his capitol. Do not engage any other forces. take the capitol, raze all roads, railroads leading to it, and station your troops on the last remaning road, blocking zulu forces. then start diplomacy. Trade his capitol back in exchange for some other cities. Have your army posted as near his capitol as possible. Next turn, piss Shaka off somehow, usually just ask him to withdraw his forces. Retake his capitol. This will make him extremely weak. It seems to attract allies as well. I always end up leading some world coalition against the Zulu empire this way. As soon as he is fighting 3 or more other civs, make peace, and make sure you got his capitol. Enjoy the peace and let the others wipe out the zulu.

Originally posted by Zouave
The Germans are worse in that they are all the Zulus are and in addition more treacherous. I won't play either of them any more; I have no need to play psychos.

If this was Civ II I could create a scenario with both of them alone on the same small continent. Let them slaugher each other to their hearts' content.

Hahaha, that's a great idea. Put the zulus, germans, iroquois, japanese, and romans together, and watch the genocidal sparks fly!

"If this was Civ II"? Can you not do this with the editor for Civ III?

- Windwalker

england...she always wants higher prices for the same techs, shes in almost every game i play, and usually in some place thats hard to attack(australia) and much to high an opinion of herself

I have to agree about the Zulu they always seem crazy in my games and attack for no reason one game they declaired war on france, and me all in one turn when they were down to just 2 citys all I could get out of them for peace was 1 tech and 350 gold. Rome also has the same temperment I have to whipe them out just so they leave me alone. But who I voted for was england I mean elizabeth allways refuses to trade techs and act's like a ***** the whole game even though they rearely attack she just pisses me off the whole game I try to whipe them out as soon as possiable.:nuke:

Bismark is the biggest pain in the rear. He is sooo aggressive! Even when he's on the other side of the world he will demand things, then declare war if I don't give it to him. Then several turns go by, and he hasn't done anything but won't accept my envoy. Finally some battleships show up and start bombarding my coast. This seems to satisfy him, and after a few turns he is ready to make peace again.

The Zulus are also very aggressive. They will declare war even though they have to march several turns through another country to get to me. In this last game I played, they were wiped off of their home continent and banished to one city on a little island stuck between India and Germany. They were still declaring war on other countries and joining alliaces! Finally I decided to wipe them out so they wouldn't have a scale-tipping vote in the UN. When my gunboats got over to their little city, it was undefended! I think they had sent everything they had to fight in someone else's war on the other side of the world. Tsk tsk.

I don't like starting near expansionist civs because there go all my goody huts! Otherwise, I do not care what civ is near me - I have ways of dealing with their insolence. (rubs hands wickedly)

Germany is who I hate playing against.
That is why I started playing them.

In my current game, they declared war on me late industrial period. They had Panzers. They defeated one of my tanks. They are now having thier Golden Age and I'm not on the offensive as I usually am. Diplomatically we've gotten along ok at arm's length. We were just the people who never really spoke to each other. My only advantage is that no one has my world map yet.
They are attacking my medium islands but not my homeland. :)

Top Bottom