Poll: Which civ do you HATE the most (to play against)?

Which civ do you hate the most?

• Rome

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Greece

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • China

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Japan

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • India

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Egypt

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Babylon

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Russia

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • America

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • France

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Persia

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Zulu

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • Britain

Votes: 15 6.1%

• Total voters
The Chinese, oh man do I hate these guys. Not in real life btw, friendly people and excellent food, but in Civ 3 ............

They declare war / sneak attack while having a polite relationship.

They are greedy and come up with unacceptable trade requests. If not accepted they are extremely fast in declaring war.

In a MPP they simple do not do their job, on the other hand involve you in wars you are not waiting for.

Hardly anything can be gottten from them and they are usually broke.

So Mao, go and f*** yourself!

Well now i have some new civs i hate.
The Japanese are loyal and never backstab.

The Persians are another story. Very agressive and those immortals! Ahhh. Xerxes is always demanding and the Persians are usually powerful if on the same continent as me.

The Americans. As usual very fast expanding. They are a wierd bunch because either they get really powerful or really weak. Never in between.

Russia. They are usually mid-range but when powerful can be a real pain in teh ass. They are very demanding.

The Chinese. Also if get oppurtunity to expand can be dangerous.

I can deal with other civs when they get powerful.

I don't mind civs declaring war. That's what the game is all about. It's the Babylonians that piss me off, because they always start on the other side of the world and out-culture me. Then it's always a race to see if I can reach some victory condition before they build their spaceship.

Those fools always try to launch secret attacks on me ,Damn British! "The hell with England":ripper:Eventually I stopped putting them in the game , but then a new enemy arose "Babylon"

I can't play against america!! It always seems like I'm doing something against the law when I fight my own country. I just can't!!!!!!! I love America:love: !!!

I can't play against america!! It always seems like I'm doing something against the law when I fight my own country. I just can't!!!!!!! I love America !!!
Hey, that's okay -- I've got enough resentment and hatred against Old Abe for the both of us. With that smug look on his face and his rabbit-like breeding program he infuriates me to no end! [punch]

He never starts nearby -- oh no! He starts on the other side of the continent and by the time we meet (circa 1st millenium BC to 1st millenium AD) he's already battered, bruised and abused at least two other civs and has the experienced military to prove it. I HATE HIM, I HATE HIM, I HATE HIM! :aargh3:

I have read many post about how wicked and evil and insane the Zulus are. I am currently playing my first game including the Zulus, I share a large border with them and have since the begining. We have never gone to war and they have always been polite tword me. The only other civs left in the game are the Persians and the Americans and I plan to enlist the Zulus to help me annilate the Persians.

I'm not sure why the Zulu have choosen me as a friend (Aztecs). They made some light demands early on. World map a few good that I gave them. I try to be nice to my neighbors...if they trust me they don't prepare for the inevitable attack. They made a couple demands for techs that I graciusly counter offered with 5 gold. A few pennies goes a long way and lets you worry about more important things...like the Persians is this case. When they demand I just walk away...I never refuse (unless I want a fight!) Maybe this is a fluke but I didn't have much trouble befriending the "insane" Zulus.

Of course as soon as they weeken themselves helping me defeat the Persians (Gracious tword me at present) they too will die!

For some reason I always use to trust Ghandi because....well he is Ghandi, man! Never do I learn that this is Ghandis evil twin brother. It's not that his stupid war elephants poses any threat to me, but that that kiss-ass is best friends with all the other civs, and in one single turn I learn that I am now at war with 4 different civs:mad: :mad:

I mean, Shaka? No prob, he has fought everybody since the dawn of time, and sends a threatening force of four impis and a horseman against my infantry. I crush him easily. The nice leaders (Ghandi and Joan) is a whole other deal. As soon as they declare war on me, everybode else goes nuts about me fighting these poor innocent souls (little does it matter that they declare war on me!!!). And they all gang up on me and kill me:cry: :cry:

I am very happy:) . I am playing Japan and the first thing I did was to wipe out the f***ing Zulus. Yes! No more annoying Shaka ****head.

I voted the Egyptians. They're not particularly evil or stupid, it's just that they seem to invariably start next to a couple gullible civs that happily let themselves be conquered by the Egyptian steamroller, which means that when I meet them they're huge, and Cleo will be all nice and condescending ... until she allies with some psycho who declares war on me ... Hugely annoying.

However, in their defense, I have to say that Cleo did me the most idiotic favour in memory yesterday. It was late 1900s, the Egyptians were the biggest civ on the planet, and they had started their spaceship just before I (playing Chinese) started mine. Did they use their superior industrial capacity to make sure they finnished their spaceship first? Did they pay the Russians (my hostile neighbours) to renew war against me so I couldn't concentrate on building spaceship parts? No, no, they wage a genocidal war against the Greeks! Sure, they did eradicate the territorially second largest civ in an impressively short time, but meanwhile I finnished my spaceship and won the game ...

I've never had much problem with Germany. I agree with everybody who said Shaka is insane. Only seen India in on game yet, in which they declared war for no reason, took my only source of Iron and generally wrecked my civ. Also only seen the Aztecs in one game - they behaved rather Shakaesquely, making war with everybody, and refusing to recognize that fighting Legions with Jags is bad idea. I got several Great Leaders from them, tho' ...

If you've had trouble with the Zulu, here is a screen shot you may enjoy :lol:

Attachments

• clipboard.jpg
    clipboard.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 187
Zulus are OK. In 4 games in a row they, along with English, have been the ones I destroyed.
But I just hate Russians, they always declare war on me for not giving them 150 gold (or more, but usually it is 3/4 of what I have)and are most of the time ahead of me by 2-3 techs.

the AZTECS!!!!!!!! arrrgh they always, always, ALWAYS get theyre stupid little UU hopping all over my borders, and ive come to hate just the way they hop around. i never can trust him, ive tryed everything, since theyd always beat my ass i tryed diplomacy with them, but no, theyd never sign a MPP or anything, just war. war war war.

also, people r forgetting that government type affects the aggression levels to. thats one of my most favorite things about this game, a diplomatic country will be more aggressive towards communist country etc etc, if u go to the editor u can see each civs most hated government types and all that

German is always ahead on tech and oh those panzers. Either play as German or take him out early or pay later. Never had a lot of trouble with the Japs. England just makes me mad so I usually try to knock her down early. My two cents.

If you are going to say who is your biggest enemy you have to say first wo you play as!
One of the effects of culture is the global cultures rule.
Clasical
Asian
American
Middle eastern
and European.
Each civ is less agressive and more helpfull to members of thier global culture. So if you are playing as the french, germany will be nicer to you.
For this reason my most hated civs are the Russians and the Germans.
I usualy play on snoopys' small earth with corect starting locations and play as either the romans, egyptians, aztecs or Indians each has different bonuses and UUs that realy suit thier starting locations (playing as india you will generaly for the first 1500 years have no resources at all, use your elephants to wage war and the old "pillage your iron and horses" technique universaly employed by the A.I. is useless).
Invariably germany and russia start between me and either asia or europe and act like idiots. Russia is bad because they "build often" offensive land units (basicaly longbowmen, who I hate with a passion, killing off my knights 90% of the time at half the cost and using the A.Is road net work to launch lightning strikes from within thier territory, the old attack at 1/3 of power rule that used to discorage this sort of jokery is sadly missing from Civ III).

Piont of interest I have never seen what Bismark looks like in the modern era, I always end up killing him off.
The germans build only wonders and military units, almost never improvements, and they are good at it too. in every game I have played against the germans they always have at least three great wonders, allways the ones with the biggest cultural bonus.
If you reduce them down to one city, you will always find them building a wonder in it.
It is this that makes the germans such a threat, high ****ure, lots of wonders (almost always the great library) and a huge military force. If you do take any of their cities the will almost certainly flip back. You have to completely wipe them out cos if you don't then thier empire will be back at full size within a matter of ten years.

:) Though on the plus side when you do finaly wipe them out you get lots of free wonders and lots of elite attack units. (stationing deffesive units in german towns is a waste of time, kill all their armies and then take the cities, fortify an attack unit next to the city and cut off thier resource supply. Killing regular spearmen soon makes your knigts elite. Don't bother razing captured cities, cos the cultural radius stays almost the same size, and building settlers is a waste of time and citizens that could be doing more usefull stuff, like making knights).

What's the difference, they all suck. I don't like the religious trait, it makes 'em more difficult to injure...

I like bashing Americans the most :D don't know why :nuke: ...

Personally, I hate all of the f**ckers :)

At least I'm an equal opportunity miserable bastard... :) :)

Top Bottom