Poll: Which Civ will you play first game as?

Which Civ will you play in your first game?

• Americans

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • Arabians

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • Chinese

Votes: 79 6.0%
  • Egyptians

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • English

Votes: 88 6.7%
  • French

Votes: 80 6.1%
  • Germans

Votes: 125 9.5%
  • Greeks

Votes: 72 5.5%
  • Incans

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • Indians

Votes: 72 5.5%
  • Japanese

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Malinese

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • Mongolians

Votes: 25 1.9%
  • Persians

Votes: 33 2.5%
  • Romans

Votes: 140 10.6%
  • Russians

Votes: 68 5.2%
  • Spanish

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Random

Votes: 88 6.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 81 6.2%

• Total voters
What is generally recognized as the British Empire did not arise until well after the Act of Union in 1707 and therefore there were many Welsh and Scots who contributed to its creation. It's not unusual to read in the history books of the zealot Scots land owners sent to subjugate foreign lands in the name of Britian.

lab-rat said:
What is generally recognized as the British Empire did not arise until well after the Act of Union in 1707 and therefore there were many Welsh and Scots who contributed to its creation. It's not unusual to read in the history books of the zealot Scots land owners sent to subjugate foreign lands in the name of Britian.

You'll notice we English folk use the term English/British for good things north of the border and if something is bad it remains Scottish. I also enjoy using the term Scotch as they find it so endearing!!

Of course who can forget the mighty Highland regiments fighting for Queen (and King) and Country!

Going to play Germans with "Friedrich der Große - Frederik".
Like the combination of cultural and scientific orientation.
Always been the backbone of my civilizations.

Played India and Egypt in Civ III (the cultural aspect), but
they have changed a bit.

I will play with Germans. They were one of my favourite nations in previous versions.

I wish there were Turks in the game. May be they will be added in extension packs.

Well i always have wanted to be Napoleon:) and get a pastry named after me :D . Will use germans 2nd time wanna use the pazers. -Tomasz- if u read thsi .. do u play H&D2 ? ( ={Gob-Y}=Bandido)

The best way to play is to play a game with each civ.
That should only take about 18 days, right?

Mali. It was the first civ I added to the game in my civpack for Civ III, and it has a fascinating history. Mansa Musa rides again!

Who to choose I do not know,
Eenie meene miney moe
At leaders' faces in a row;
To play to win is my plan,
So I am leaning towards Japan.

Rome, to learn the game!

Sorry change my mind, germany:mischief: of cause or perhaps japan:cool: , no I go with the germans, if they are more playable than in civ3.;)

yes i am sure there will be other civilizations added in expansion packs i hope they add the dutch,celts and the vikings back.

Think I'll play a small game as the Romans first, as they were the first civ I played back in Civ I, creative and expansive should be useful early on and they have an AA UU. Then a large game as Elizabethan England just out of patriotism (and because England has a useful UU this time, no more stupid man of war).

Then I'll start bugging people for GOTMs :D

PS: Hi.

I've decided that I'm going to play each Civ once (or twice if they have two leaders) until I've played them all.

I'm not going to let the game pick the civ for me, because after the first few games, I'll start getting repeats, and I don't want to be constantly restarting.

I've already put all the civ names into a hat, and I will pick them out one by one until I've played everyone. Civs with one leader will be removed after I select them. Civ's with more than one leader will have their leader chosen by coin flip and they will be put back into the hat, they will be removed after I've played as both leaders.

The hat is ready. I want my game.

ZhongGuo (Chinese) It will be nice to be able to make out what their UU actually looks like.

Woot to the samarai for Japanese actually having the samarai armor. I'd be Japan just cause "Last Samarai" was such a good movie even with Tom Cruze:p.

America. Nice that they will have a special unit that matters.

Speaking of which...what gives with the Russian UU, same as cavaly, strength, cost, etc... just a different look. I don't get it...

i voted persian, solely relying on the Civ3 experience. but who knows, i like romans, even though they sucked in Civ 3.

i am sad for the Immortals though.i liked the older version better.

Either Germany (as Frederick) or Russia.

Indians first for their UU...
Next in line will be the Romans :)

It will be India for me

Top Bottom