1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Poorly implemented climate change?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Howitzer, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I feel like Global Warming doesn't have enough impact on the game, plus you shouldn't be able to see which tiles will be affected.

BackseatTyrant likes this.
  2. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

Well, I mean, it's a pretty easy prediction.

3. Cedbird77

Cedbird77 Warlord

[QUOTE="
    Compared to making slavery a contender for "strongest civic in the game" or making uncle Joe lead Russia this is nothing in terms of controversy by comparison, unless we're just talking about its poor design in terms of agency/outcome.[/QUOTE]

Indeed on that point. When you shoot for realism there are going to be things one does not agree with. I have not played GS yet. But as a person who does not believe in the Climate Change science I thought this was going to be a bad idea.

Mainly because as a Civ lover I thought the implementation of Civ 4 's climate change was not fun. But when I heard of the water world consequences. I was like... I hope the implementation is good.

Now that I hear this. Water World Civ and broken districts sound like bring back the Civ 4 Global Warming tile destruction in comparison.Yikes.

Great idea in this day and age to include CC. Sure have CC mechanics in Civ. But make it fun and fair. It's still a game.

Sounds like poor implementation. I love the additions to R & F in the last update. When I get paid. Not sure I want to get GS just yet.

This sounds horrible.

I am having a ball with R & F still. I never said that before....

Hopefully their will be a patch in the next 45 days. But Civ 6 important fixes have seen to be very slow.

4. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Accelerates too fast, and from the wrong things.
    Fails to have counters which actually work.
    Fails to do enough damage, particularly temperature related.

5. Cedbird77

Cedbird77 Warlord

This definitely does not sound fun. I am going to wait to get GS