[GS] Poorly implemented climate change?

[QUOTE="
Compared to making slavery a contender for "strongest civic in the game" or making uncle Joe lead Russia this is nothing in terms of controversy by comparison, unless we're just talking about its poor design in terms of agency/outcome.[/QUOTE]

Indeed on that point. When you shoot for realism there are going to be things one does not agree with. I have not played GS yet. But as a person who does not believe in the Climate Change science I thought this was going to be a bad idea.

Mainly because as a Civ lover I thought the implementation of Civ 4 's climate change was not fun. But when I heard of the water world consequences. I was like... I hope the implementation is good.

Now that I hear this. Water World Civ and broken districts sound like bring back the Civ 4 Global Warming tile destruction in comparison.Yikes.

Great idea in this day and age to include CC. Sure have CC mechanics in Civ. But make it fun and fair. It's still a game.

Sounds like poor implementation. I love the additions to R & F in the last update. When I get paid. Not sure I want to get GS just yet.

This sounds horrible.

I am having a ball with R & F still. I never said that before....

Hopefully their will be a patch in the next 45 days. But Civ 6 important fixes have seen to be very slow.

Accelerates too fast, and from the wrong things.
Fails to have counters which actually work.
Fails to do enough damage, particularly temperature related.

I'm about to achieve domination victory with the Ottomans, minimum emissions, no climate change! Will update asap.

What did I do?

1) No unit upgrades after gunpowder units

2) Powered all cities by renewables. You need about 3-4 renewable tiles for a city with full commercial, science and industrial districts..

3) do not build power plants whatsoever

4) invasion army is 3 gdr and lots of stealth bomberd

Of course this was possible by the fact that I played on settler, I doubt I could afford to go with such an obsolete and small army on higher levels.

Also out of the 9 opponent civs I had conquered all 6 just at the early modern Era so they didn't have too heavy defences for ottoman bombardier and musketman

IT appears factories without power plants do not add to climate

Spaceports do add uranium emissions!!

Very few trees, rainforest were cut maybe 4

This definitely does not sound fun. I am going to wait to get GS

Top Bottom