Poster clues

What would a motte-and-bailey improvement be for, though? The most logical application would be to reduce unhappiness in newly-conquered lands without having to annex the cities and building Courthouses, but this seems a bit weak.

What would a motte-and-bailey improvement be for, though? The most logical application would be to reduce unhappiness in newly-conquered lands without having to annex the cities and building Courthouses, but this seems a bit weak.

Maybe there's some kind of feudalism link that will increase gold yield on the tiles?

I doubt it's a new UI for England really.

As do I. I don't think England is in need of a refit, and losing the Ship of the Line - when there are already so few naval UUs - would be a shame.

As do I. I don't think England is in need of a refit, and losing the Ship of the Line - when there are already so few naval UUs - would be a shame.

England's current UA wouldn't be half as strong if it didn't have the UU to go with it as well.

I'd much rather keep the Longbowman. It's the only Archer-line UU with an extra range (so it's truly 'unique') and it was unique to England when it was used.

Personally I think England is fine as is, though, so I wouldn't want to change it.

I guess the motte-and-bailey could be a new improvement for all civs or it could belong to one of the unrevealed new civs. I dont see why they would rework England.

Edit: It was in use in Normandy, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, the Low Countries, Italy and the Holy Roman Empire.

By the 11th century, castles were widely built in the Holy Roman Empire, which then spanned central Europe, but these typically took the form of enclosures on hill tops, or tall, free-standing towers, called bergfried, on lower ground.

Holy Roman Empire, you say...?

Probably safe to say we can file this under Things That Will Never Happen Again, but I'd kind of like to see them added back, just to observe this place explode :lol:

I dont see the big deal with the HRE. The HRE under Charlemagne doesnt have much to do with Germany. They could call it the Carolingian Empire instead if its such a problem.

I dont see the big deal with the HRE. The HRE under Charlemagne doesnt have much to do with Germany. They could call it the Carolingian Empire instead if its such a problem.

I think it's better to say that Charlemagne has almost nothing to do with the HRE, except that he was Emperor of the Romans like all Holy Roman Empeors. The construct we identify as the HRE came into existence with the coronation of Otto I in 962 A.D., which in turn became the nation of Germany as properly depicted by Civ5. Charlemagne's Empire was very different from what became the known as the HRE,biggest difference being the fact that it was Frankish and not German and covered a different area, so it would be a better solution to make Charlemagne leader of a Frankish civ rather then calling it HRE.

She's holding a towel! They're gonna include Highhiker's guide to the galaxy somehow!

She's holding a towel! They're gonna include Highhiker's guide to the galaxy somehow!
UA: Heart of Gold, once every 10 turns, something completely random happens. Confound your enemies, turn enemy missiles into whales, etc.! :lol:

either that or destroy the earth with a Vogon Constructor Fleet?

Top Bottom