Poster clues

Giskler

+1 Sleuthing
So they kept hinting at clues in the poster during the live chat and were wondering why no one has picked up on it yet so lets have a discussion.

Spoiler :

Personally I believe they are new buildings and not wonders. The one in the back middle looks like a Chateau. Anyone else with any ideas?

The foreground structure looks like archaeological ruins.

It's way pixelated, but some of these buildings have very distinct shapes. Any guesses?

I spy with my little Eye, Masolleum of Harnicallususus. We've seen Temple of Artemis (and I've noticed by lookin at old G&K previews that ToA was not included?

Also, is that a Bailey Fort I see in Left Bottom corner of the poster?

What can we see from left to right:

- Motte and Bailey Fort from the 1066 scenario (Denmark DLC)
- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
- a city, or an assortment of random buildings beside the Mausoleum
- a castle beside Motte and Bailey Fort - it looks pretty generic from afar. Might be a new graphic for a medieval Fort improvement.
- a palace in the background which looks like a cartoonized version of the Chateau de Chambord: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Château_de_Chambord
- a city or a fortress in the foreground by the river. Someone suggested Masada as the new wonder.

With the enhanced close-up, the thing next to the Mausoleum looks kind of like the Tower of London to me.

Could this mean that they are including the ancient wonders and denmark DLC in BNW?

I know this is quite a long shot, but... well, in the poster, the earth is shown as a globe. What if they are adding the globe view back? Dude, that's something I'd LOVE to see again! Also, I hope some of those become in-game tile improvements, it would be awesome to build a Motte and Bailey

I happen to have one of those posters, and here's a photo (from my phone, excuse the flash glare, I can't turn it off) - it's a tiny thumbnail here, but take the link to Picasa and use the zoom function, you'll see it full size.

I happen to have one of those posters, and here's a photo (from my phone, excuse the flash glare, I can't turn it off) - it's a tiny thumbnail here, but take the link to Picasa and use the zoom function, you'll see it full size.

Thank you, now that I can analyze. :goodjob:

Edit: the bottom right building(s). What is that? I see a Trading Post, but what is to the immediate right of that? Some sort of castle with a scattering of buildings?

Ah so that mess at the bottom is a trading post and some other building.

Oh, that's way clearer! There's towns inside forts, connecting to trading posts, and on hill forts. Nothing here looks crazy significant, but the guy kept pointing at it, so there has to be something there.

Probably just reading too much into this, but given the placement of the Trading Post next to that odd looking castle/town thing, is there any chance that this is hinting that Towns are making a comeback and supplanting the old Trading Post?

Given that river and coastal tiles are losing their gold yields, Trading Posts are going too be an important source of income along with ITRs. Perhaps to further mitigate the loss of gold yields on rivers/coasts, they are putting back in a slow growth Town that generates more gold as it grows.

Probably just reading too much into this, but given the placement of the Trading Post next to that odd looking castle/town thing, is there any chance that this is hinting that Towns are making a comeback and supplanting the old Trading Post?

Another possibility is that this town is a new civ's unique improvement - which, judging by its looks, would hint an Italian civ.

I hope that the true option is that trading posts become villages which in turn become towns.

If that is a UI, it would make me think of a Middle Eastern civ, with that interior courtyard and everything.

Top Bottom