Poster clues

How do you get them to make more culture? I always thought they just gave you 1 :c5culture: like forever, and then the +1:c5gold:. Don't recall any techs or social policies giving anything to the moai statue.

"Moai can only be built on the coast. If built next to another Moai, it provides additional :c5culture:. After the Flight technology is researched it also provides extra :c5gold:."

A single Moai yields 1 :c5culture:. Adjacent Moai grants an extra 1 :c5culture:. 3 Moai in a row will give 2/3/2 culture. (The same is not true for the Gold bonus – only 1 Gold per Moai tile no matter what.) It is possible to have a single Moai tile with four, five, or even the maximum six :c5culture: if the coastline is shaped properly. How is that possible? Best leave that to a screenshot:

Spoiler :

As you can see, this particular tile has 6 :c5culture:. It gets 1 :c5culture: automatically on its own. Each Moai surrounding it gives it an additional 1 :c5culture:. There are 5 Moai surrounding it. 1 + 5 = 6.

The reason you can't have more than 6 is because you can't have 6 moai surrounding it, since that would make the tile inland and not on the coast

I've also wonder what happens if two civs with printing press find each other as the last ones. Maybe you need to find their mainland, but if two ships meet in the middel of the ocean and opens an ambassy...??

Another thing. I was wondering if you would get contact to the rest of the civs whenever the WC was build.

interesting questions. since it's turn-based game, i would expect from it in this situation to give hosting to that player, who is currently making his turn. 'founder' before 'founded'.

second one is more speculative, but i would like it to be that you know them (since you sit with them at this meeting), but without knowing anything else (location of capital, score points etc.)

is this really so? i read this on this forum quite often, but there is still that Printing press tech you need to have. Polynesia may be first civ to find all other civs, but there might be some other civ to find all other civs second, but bring up Printing press first and Polynesia will host nothing. granted, they have some advantage, but so does every science oriented civ.

I said leg up, not that it's guaranteed. Leg up is the same as "some advantage." On an Archipelago or Continents map, the science civs would have to research Astronomy and Printing Press and be the first to have your caravel discover everyone. The Polynesians need any unit to go explore the sea and then research Printing Press. It's still an advantage even if they won't get it every time (I sure as hell hope they won't get it every time).

I guess the Polynesian civ could get changed for this reason. At least their ability to go everywhere. Maybe there's some sort of limit to that although their ability seem realistic from their history. "All units have the ability to explore ocean 20 hexas from the capital" - maybe not that, but something like that :)

second one is more speculative, but i would like it to be that you know them (since you sit with them at this meeting), but without knowing anything else (location of capital, score points etc.)
But if that was realistic you could trade ambassies. Or should this be disabled as long as no one has found each other? Now, here's another change then. Now finding each other ships might not be enough, now you may need to find their mainland. Strange that two sea captain meet in the middle of nowhere can arrange ambassy trade, but two leaders / two diplomats meeting on the other side of the world discussing world's most important politics can't trade an ambassy :crazyeye:

Someone on the 2K forum posted a link to this German castle, which shares a striking resemblance to the "chateau". Seems worth mentioning.

Something else I've been thinking about is that every confirmed clue in the poster has been a TI. I wonder if the top left structure is not in fact a wonder (as previously speculated) but some other TI or UTI... :think:

Lastly, SamBC: any chance you can upload another photo without any flash glare?:please::please::please:

Since we have seen the french improvement and only for the french until now, my bet is this is a french UI. Yes, it does seem simular, but then it would be accessible to everyone. Not just Germany and France.

Someone on the 2K forum posted a link to this German castle, which shares a striking resemblance to the "chateau". Seems worth mentioning.

Something else I've been thinking about is that every confirmed clue in the poster has been a TI. I wonder if the top left structure is not in fact a wonder (as previously speculated) but some other TI or UTI... :think:

Lastly, SamBC: any chance you can upload another photo without any flash glare?:please::please::please:

I doubt it, unless they are adding Normans as a dark-horse civ the Bailey Fort is not included, and that "wonder" is undoubtely Masolleoum from Wonders of Ancient World.

The flash on my phone can't be turned off - it's automatic. I may have an opportunity to use a real camera in the nearish future.

A Norman Civ would be weird to say the least. I don't feel a Motte and Bailey UI would be right for the Danes, even though the Normans were meant to have Viking ancestry.

Since we have already identified the Motte and Bailey as coming from a scenario, it seems the only items of interest (aside from the confirmed Feitoria) is the château (which I think is pretty much guaranteed to be a new UI for France) and the kasbah-type tile improvement.

But why would they include the Mott Bailey in the poster then? It makes no sense unless it means its being included in the main game. I certainly don't expect a Norman Civ, but I expect to see it in game somehow

One might as well ask why the Mausoleum has been included. I don't think we need to assume that everything on the poster is necessarily new. AFAIK, in the video chat Dennis pointed to the Feitoria, the château and the kasbah-thing...

The difference is the Mott Bailey is extremely prominent (just like the Kasbah, Feitoria, and Chateau) and another UI unlike the Mausoleum which was just a background detail and part of the city

Perhaps the Motte and Bailey will be the pre-Industrial Era fort graphic - the current one is pretty hideous (and looks bizarrely anachronous in the early game).

The only thing I can see from the poster is that Isabella has a beard. Otherwise, the buildings are probably new buildings and possibly new wonders.

Has anyone noticed how on the right side the globe becomes digitized? Maybe that's hinting at some changes to the space race or something

Has anyone noticed how on the right side the globe becomes digitized? Maybe that's hinting at some changes to the space race or something
The figures above that side are XCOM soldiers... the globe on that side is just the appearance of the globe in XCOM:EU.

I think the choice of improvements is meant to reflect a passing of time. As well as being a vehicle for them to tease about BNW, it is still after all a poster in its own right. There's no reason why everything on it has to be BNW-related.

The Mausoleum - Motte & Bailey - Chateau - Feitoria is a very clear historical progression.

Top Bottom